hotdish 90 on amazonas

Status
Please reply by conversation.
is it possible to receive any c-band on a hotdish with a c/ku lnbf? I tried to make it work by aiming my dish at a sat with my small ku lnb, locking the dish in place, then swapping the lnbf out for the big c/ku lnb...but i think it may be a focal point issue. I try sliding it closer and farther away from the dish, but no luck, oh well. The c/ku lnbf was cheap, and it was worth a shot.

It could be possible but you'd only get the strongest transponders on a strong satellite, but to increase your chances you've got to change the scalar ring included in the C/Ku LNB for a conical scalar ring, it's pretty easy to make one, you only need a funnel, use tinfoil on the exterior and that's all (if the funnel it's transparent then paint it with a matte color).

I know people who've had success with a regular 3ft offset dish using that arrangement (in Baja they could get a lot from 91ºW = the channels i mentioned, and in the center region of México the results were similar, in the USA midwest states also the experiment was a success, but the bigger the dish, the better).

Try it man, you don't have anything to loose and a lot to gain, just some tips:

If you want to try 91ºW (one of the strongest satellites):
Locate the Ku band side first: 12056 V, SR 13354, or the data tp listed on lyngsat (you wont scan a thing but are pretty strong).

You could even try 125ºW, a more 'in your face' kind of satellite since STO (which carries almost every Cleveland Indians game) its pretty strong: 3707 H, SR 5632.

Have your kid(s) help you, put a table on the patio, some lemonade, the antenna, receiver, snacks, and have a 'boys' day LOL, that's what my dad did back in the early 1980's (1983-1984) with our first C-Band dish, and it's the same thing i've been doing with my nephew every time he comes to my house and spends the weekend with me, we 'go' satellite hunting =P.

Cheers and... happy father's day!

Thanks guys, I think me and the kids will go satellite hunting when we get back from Pensacola next weekend. Kinda looks like I'm getting this thread a little off topic. May have to post my results on a different thread, Thanks again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)