Hotel Media channels on 101

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigjug

Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
NW TN
I can recieve the audio on these channels w/ my openbox s9 but video is scrambled. I am confused. These channels are listed in the ku fta section but listed as encrypted by powervu. I guess my question is, are they in the clear (recievable w/o subscription)? If so, why can't I recieve them? If not, why are they listed in the ku fta section?

Thanks,
Jug

The channels are scrambled. Just because something is scrambled the audio can still be in the clear.

Powervu is an encryption designed for cable/sat co's. It is very secure

The Hotel mux has Mpeg and AC3 channels in it. All channels audio is ITC. History and Bio the video is decrypted (ITC) as well.

Jug,
The channels you want ITC [History - BIO] are found on tp 12063 H 26699 on 101W. I haven't looked in quite a while but I believe they are also scrambled on another tp on that same bird, that sounds like what you have been seeing. If you don't have it, input 12063 H 26699 and rescan it; should be there, watching it now.
SS ><>

Guys,
I think you may have misunderstood my question. I am receiving Hist and Bio itc on 101. The meat of my question was why are the Hotel Media channels on "the list" as fta when they are encrypted by PowerVu? I figurd that they were not available as fta itc. (except Hist and Bio). Just wondered if I had missed something and could recieve them.
Thanks,
Jug

`I think you'll find the answer on their website, in the fine print-I've read it before. Read where it explains about their affiliates, how to become one (if you're a hotel that is).

...why are the Hotel Media channels on "the list" as fta when they are encrypted by PowerVu?...

They most likely made "the list" because of the audio being ITC.

I've heard of one guy who uses this mux to play the audio of Fox News while he works in his garage. So even though the video is encrypted, there is still some interest (however small) in knowing what channels have ITC audio.

Cheers

They most likely made "the list" because of the audio being ITC...........Cheers

Yes, that is one reason. Another is that you can still use a scrambled tp for dish aiming purposes, lots of them are quite strong, and are therefore included in the List. :)

There used to be a group of a few powervu channels where only the audio could be heard, and one time during a blind search my receiver started receiving the video for one of them. I discoverd that this one channel that I could receive had different PIDS than the non-viewable version of the channel. I could not duplicate finding this channel ITC again with blind search, but I could manually enter those PIDS and receive the video and audio. I don't know if this is considered hacking or not? I found the channel ITC with a blind scan and they were listed on lyngsat so I guess it was OK. I did keep the PIDS to myself at the time. The channels are all gone now, but it was interesting while it lasted. I figured maybe the provider was doing that as a way of making the channels receivable on a regular FTA receiver. I thought there might be a way for them to hide PIDS for a channel from a consumer FTA receiver, but an installer could enter them into a plain FTA receiver, or they could enter them and ship the unit to a customer, and maybe they were not hidden when I did the blind scan that found them.

...I don't know if this is considered hacking or not?...

It's not. Regardless of how they "hide" channels, if they're not encrypted... it's not hacking. Anyone with TSReader or TransEdit can easily sniff out unreferenced (or hidden) channels.

Speaking of TransEdit, I was looking at this TP last night. There are still references to Bio's APID in the tables, but it's flat out not there. Just the fact that they are still referencing the missing APID in the tables may be cause for a little hope.

Cheers

Transedit is the transponder editor for DVBViewer, but can function standalone, too. It's somewhat Tsreader-like , but maybe a little easier to use. I use them both. Transedit behaves better with the Profs 7500 and Tsreader behaves better with the Genpix skywalker-1 . :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)