Hourly Standby Nagging

Royal2000H

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 27, 2006
The 2 hour inactivity timeout was too often for my mom so I set it to the max (without disabling) - 8 hours.
Which, by the way, "Software Updates" is not an intuitive place for this.

However, as I was watching TV on the hopper, it asked me every hour, on the hour, if I'd like to turn off the receiver to get updates or click no to keep watching TV.

I would even pause/rewind 2 minutes before getting the message, so it's not inactive. Is there any way to turn this off? Is it coming in a future update?

Royal2000H

Dec 27, 2006
I got the messages at 1 AM, 2 AM, and 3 AM (at 3 I let it check for updates)... but I cant tell you that it didnt happen at 11 or 12 too because I personally dont watch on the Hopper usually.

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
The daily update time is set for 1:00am (instead of the usual 3:00am) and there is currently no way to change the time.
Your choices are let it do its update at 1:00am or put up with the message every hour until you do.

Royal2000H

Dec 27, 2006
So what's the use of the 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 hours, or disabled "updates" setting? I guess one's hardcoded at 1am and the other is inactivity timeout.

Looks like the engineers really want the hopper to get updates, but hopefully this is addressed in a SW/FW update.

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Supporting Founder
They need to allow user-configurable update time, as they do with the VIP's. Or, change the default to 3am or 4am. A lot of people are watching TV at 1am. Of course, people watch at all hours. But, 1am is still popular enough to create inconvenience for many.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)