house hd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

witebred

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 4, 2006
Atlantic City, NJ
as i said about fox philly last night, fox hd is pixelating again while im trying to watch my friggin show. how convenient that it doesnt do it during american idol but when i sit down to watch house, it does it. forget directv and their bull excuse for an hd package. its mediocre and im sick and tired of it, this is bull and do not tell me that nobody else is having this problem.

Last edited:
witebred,

I do not subscribe to Directv therefore I do not have the problem.

Judging by your off colour language in a public forum you may want to consider a nick change to say "inbred" ?

Kryspy

I had trouble with Directv myself after switching over from Dish Network in hopes of getting National Geographic and the Military channels. It didn't work when I first ask directv if we can get Military channel in Alaska they said yes with the total choice plus package, but after installation I got the NG channel, but was told this was a blackout area for Military channel and I needed to wait this summer for some type of new satellite that was going to be lanched. But I cancelled them because the wind misaligned the 1.2m dish and after 3 times of trying to get somebody to fix it nobody showed up. Now I have cable with the local cable company General Communications Inc. There are some avantages to cable because when you look at Dish and Directv they are both huge bureaucracies who do have a challenge to satisfy customers in all 50 states. Some avantages to cable are no dish required, heavy clouds don't block the signal, free technical support, equipment, and repairs, and local channels are in HD, also cable prices have come down to be more competitve. So if cable is available in your area I suggest you try it because your cable company is mostly just a local company with a local number to call and they repair any defective equipment for you as long as you have their service.

whitebred,

You are welcome :)

Out of curiousity did your HD feed go out last night on FOX? It did for me while watching 24 and it reverted back to SD for the remainder of the show.

So what I am trying to say is there is a good chance you owe Directv an apology as the feed I was watching was Fox 29 off air not satellite so the problem was at the source not Directv.

Kryspy

i was watching prison break on monday night and it was going in and out, but during 24 i had no problems. i dont really know what the deal is but we just signed up and have to keep it for 2 years and if this keeps happening i dont kno waht to do.

I prefer wheat. What kind of freakin stupd name is that anyway? I am from philly and a Phils, Eagles and Sixers fan and I don't what the city getting a bad name....well, ok, a worse name than we already have. And, yes, if it was OTA then your problems are with your local probably. I had none of the issues for 24, House, or Prison Break.

lol, I assumed it was a nickname and not your birth name. my point is it sounds like a nickname that many would have a problem with. So is it or is there a innocent reason behind it. I ask because if it is what I think it is you need to change it.

There is a character called whitey on abc's show sons and daughters, who has all these stereotypes......deal with it.

Actually I don't take these things that seriously, but whitey is one thing...witebred, that is a whole new deal. That said, I don't have a problem bringing things up that may have gone unnoticed by the mods. I personnaly find the name offensive. If you look at my posts I did ask what it meant giving the benefit of the doubt that it was innocent. Didn't really like the answer.

Last edited:
go bother someone else, theres nothing wrong with the name. i thought this topic was talking about house not lets harass witebred about changing his name.

Hey, when I read it it stuck out, bothered me, so I asked you about it. Then everyone got defensive. And Tone, I do take that kind of thing seriously and about the Mod bit, I have seen a few posts with you directing people that their posts should be in another category so it is ok if you do it?

i understand the concern with the language i was pissed off when i posted it, its since been edited.im sorry, just back off with the name thats all im saying.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts