Household Wiring Scheme.

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
Folks, any suggestions on how to improve my current wiring setup? I added a CM4228HD w/ CM7777 pre-amp and basically just plugged it into the household's existing wiring scheme. The attached shows my first attempt done in 5 minutes. I confirmed it does work, but I need to improve the signal strenght as am missing 4 channels across the board.

Opinions, suggestions, feedback?

Cheers, K

Attachments

• OTA Installation.jpg
    OTA Installation.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 157
Folks, any suggestions on how to improve my current wiring setup? I added a CM4228HD w/ CM7777 pre-amp and basically just plugged it into the household's existing wiring scheme. The attached shows my first attempt done in 5 minutes. I confirmed it does work, but I need to improve the signal strenght as am missing 4 channels across the board.

I'd get a larger 4 way splitter and just rid of the other two, also it might help us if we had a TVFool map or zip code and what stations that your missing.

Sergei what are you saying the size of the 4 way splitter means nothing it is still a 7Db loss?
Kraven it might just be your drawing, your 2 way splitter looks backward.

Last edited:
I wasn't even talking or looking about any insertion loss, it was more about keeping the installation simple with less items which should make it easier to troubleshoot.

[h=1][FONT=&quot]Another[/FONT] point is there’s splitters that seem to be good and others not so good, you didn’t mention what brand of splitters your using as some have different ways of being build . One brand is the Channel Vision HS-4 4-Way Splitter/Combiner that seems to get good reviews on its performance so you might look at it, if you decide to make any changes.[/h]

Most important is which channels are missing, if they are VHF, it's probably the antenna - 4228HD has limited use on VHF high band. Montpelier ABC WVNY is on channel 13.

Am missing FOX, ABC and PBS. These is likely associated w/ the antena not permanently installed yet thus an allignment.. Am also using 2 cheap dollar stores splitters. The rest of the channels are coming in at a minimum of 88% which am pleased, yet surprised. Previously I initally got ABC-VHF hi at 65% so am hopping the issue is finding the sweet spot.

This weekend, am fixing it on the shed roof...then going to replace the pre-amp w/ a 4 out amp and examine the difference.

BTW, is using both a PRE-AMP then AMP usefull, or just overkill w/ the potential of damaging the equipement?

Cheers, K

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts