Houston HD Locals

how's the picture quality of these hd locals. i will be upgrading to the hdbronze w/ locals in the next few weeks. thanks.

There is no Nbc in hd yet due to transmission agreements haven't been finalized, and the Fox and Abc station look very good when they aren't flaking out . Don't know if that is the ota digital antenna problem for Dish or the uplink problem with Dish yet. The only real problem is with the Cbs station which looks like the video is jerky almost like it is missing every other frame and the people look robotic. I 've emailed the Dish audio/ video department and one of the engineers is working with me to tweak it . I hope they can fix it or I will have to just use my ota antenna for the Cbs stations since it looks fine.

Well, ever since the locals went HD in Houston, I've been losing all of my ABC timers (on the ViP622). I'm glad that the locals went HD in Houston, but I have now gone into the preferences menu (where you can chose HD, SD or off) and turned off locals via sat. It really is a shame.

I believe that, when the HD sat locals are turned on, there are two of the same channel in the guide. So, when creating a timer for an OTA HD show, it gets confused. It finds the same show on two channels and doesn't add future showings. Thus the need to turn off HD sat locals.

Having dependable consistent timers is a must have when owning a DVR. I'd rather have dependable consistent timers than another option for viewing/recording HD locals.

It would be great if they could get this to work. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I am not suffering from any timer loss. I have my locals set to sd priority in the sat locals menu and I set the timers for the stuff like news, soaps, and other sd shows for the sd version of the channel- channel 13 ABC. For all primetime shows that I know that are in hd I set the timer for the hd version -6389. In fact, losing timers has never been the problem with the 622 or the 942. IT has been the audio/video synch problems.

MikeD-C05 said:
I am not suffering from any timer loss. I have my locals set to sd priority in the sat locals menu and I set the timers for the stuff like news, soaps, and other sd shows for the sd version of the channel- channel 13 ABC. For all primetime shows that I know that are in hd I set the timer for the hd version -6389. In fact, losing timers has never been the problem with the 622 or the 942. IT has been the audio/video synch problems.
But do you have an OTA antenna plugged into the 622 and getting HD locals OTA as well? By doing this, you would then have two option for recording HD locals.

Yes ,I do have an ota antenna hooked up but I am not using name based recording with my ota stations because I "moved" to Houston, so I don't have any information for my ota stations. You must be saying that your timers for you ota stations are disappearing right?

MikeD-C05 said:
Yes ,I do have an ota antenna hooked up but I am not using name based recording with my ota stations because I "moved" to Houston, so I don't have any information for my ota stations. You must be saying that your timers for you ota stations are disappearing right?
That is correct. You read me right. :)

Something tells me that, if you had your HD HOUSTON locals activated via E*, you would get dissappearing OTA HD timers as well. The 622 gets confused.

Folks,

3 out of 10 (or so) is not "locals in HD". Unless y'all know some other place besides the 6390's.

Robert

ChetK said:
That is correct. You read me right. :)

Something tells me that, if you had your HD HOUSTON locals activated via E*, you would get dissappearing OTA HD timers as well. The 622 gets confused.

My locals in hd and the sd versions, have been activated by Dish , it is just the ota stations are not . Like I said I use manual timers for all my ota recording. I wonder if this is a problem just on your receiver or others are having this problem too?

hey y'all. i just got my vip211 and dish1000 hooked up on sunday and i'm blown away with the pq. coming from a 36" magnavox tube, my 56" panasonic dlp is amazing. i have a question. my signal strength is around 75-80 on most transponders on 110, around 105 on most of 119 and around 65-75 on satellite 129. are these too low? i am shooting through a maze of pine trees if it matters. thanks.

That sounds like what I am getting here in Nederland. My 129 is anywhere from 75 - 85 on some of my transponders but I have my dish 1000 peaked JUST For the 129 satellite and a seperate dish 500 for the 110/119. As far as the nbc station they have a retransmission disagreement going on. When they sign with Dish then we will get the hd station.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts