Houston KRIV 26 Fox cannot tune

CptKirk

Original poster
Feb 10, 2022
Houston, TX 77055
For some reason doing a channel scan using my SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex 4k does not find Fox KRIV 26 in Houston.

Setup:
Tuner Model: HDFX-4K
Device ID: 10A26C08
Firmware: 20220203

ClearStream 1MAX UHF VHF Indoor/Outdoor HDTV Antenna

Connected with a 10' RGB6 cable

I am in Houston, TX 77055. This is 16 miles due north of the antenna field in Houston. All the HD OTA channels (including Fox KRIV 26) are located there. My antenna is inside, in a second-story window, facing south (so pointing at the antenna field)

After doing a channel scan in the HDHR Setup app I can tune every OTA channel in Houston without any problems. But for some reason, Fox KRIV 26 does not get picked up during the scan.

If I use the HDHR Config Gui app and force it on channel 26 I see:

And if I check the tuner status I see:

Info on KRIV in Houston:

Checking some of the OTA channel websites Fox KRIV 26 should have just as strong/good of a signal as all the other channels in Houston.

Any thoughts on how to check on why this is happening?

Thanks

Occasionally a station's data stream gets just wonky enough that certain tuners may not be able to lock on them or resolve the data. I had a Samsung ATSC1.0 tuner back 15 or so years ago that I bought off eBay that occasionally would refuse to lock onto one of our local digital stations. I would call the station manager and tell him what I was experiencing and after a while the station would reappear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts