Houston, TX O&O HDTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bmh2208

Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
I was wondering if anyone has had success lately in getting dtv to turn on the NY/LA HD feeds for Houston. I just got my sister in law one of my old HD receivers for her to use in her apartment. I can't do an antenna at her complex so I have to get the HD feeds via satellite.

I got the receiver connected and authorized a couple of weeks ago. At that time I asked about getting the O&O HD channels CBS, FOX etc. They told me that I had to submit waivers. So I said okay. I called them tonight to ask about the status of the waivers and they said that they had all been denied.

WTF, I thought that since the stations were O&O that they would automagically be able to turn on the NY HD feeds. I called back and talked to someone slightly more knowledgable (I think it was the 800 number to the HD eligibility dept). He told me that they were all denied. He said the only reason he could think of that they were denied were because they were gearing up for the mpeg4 stuff and didn't want to grant anymore waivers at that time.

This sucks. Sure she can wait until htown gets mp4, but what if she had gotten an HD-tivo and wanted a HD-DVR. Would she be SOL until that is released.

I can't believe these stations are doing this considering they are limiting the HD viewing to just mpeg4 users and those already with the feeds.

Is there any course of action, that I can take to get these turned on. I cant imagine that they will just turn off the mpeg2 HD channels to houston once they get mpeg4. What will happen to those with hd-tivos. Will they just get left in the dark?

Any ideas?

Well, I've got a nice informative post for you, however, the forum says I need 5 posts to add a link. I have 6 and it still won't let me. I removed the link and it still won't let me post it!

EDIT:
I'll PM you the post and then post it publicly once the problem has been fixed. Hopefully others can chime in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts