How about that Greg Norman?

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
All I got to say is WOW! Leading a major at the age of 53. It is a record for the lead after the third round.

What does it say about the field that even with Tiger not playing they are losing to a 53 year old? At this rate I expect Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer to play the PGA Championships.

The PGA should change their slogan to "These guys suck."

What does it say about the field that even with Tiger not playing they are losing to a 53 year old? At this rate I expect Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer to play the PGA Championships.

The PGA should change their slogan to "These guys suck."

The British Open's have been historically "different" from other majors. Extremely high roughs and unforgiving winds are typical for the courses. With that said, the disciplined golfer that plays the fairways will do the best in this major. This is not the type of course that the young strapping long-hitters will necessarily prevail. With that said, the British Open Champion will require craftiness and patience. That is the reason why a 53 year-old has such a chance.

It's a great story. I seriously hope Norman does it. Everyone's waiting for him to choke. Here's hoping he doesn't!

He should have NO reason to Choke, there is no one that is notorious for coming back in the field.
The pressure should be OFF ALL of these guys while Tiger is out.
Great chance for others to try and make a name for themselves.

HD MM,
Yes, this is always a strange course due to the conditions.
I really don't know for sure, but does TIGER normally play well at this place ?
I don't think anyone plays really well over there.

Jimbo

He should have NO reason to Choke, there is no one that is notorious for coming back in the field.
The pressure should be OFF ALL of these guys while Tiger is out.
Great chance for others to try and make a name for themselves.

HD MM,
Yes, this is always a strange course due to the conditions.
I really don't know for sure, but does TIGER normally play well at this place ?
I don't think anyone plays really well over there.

Jimbo

Jimbo,

Tiger plays well at every major.

Of the 13 times he's entered the British Open, Tiger has won 3 times and placed in the top ten, 7 out of the 13 times.

I'm watching the final round now and the winds are reported to be up to 40mph! The scores will get worse if these conditions continue. With that said, the announcers are saying that this may be the highest scoring major in nearly a century!

I would love to see the Shark win this one...

How bout Padraig Harrington? Winning today would make this the second year in a row that he's won The Open. That would be quite an accomplishment too.

But a 53 year-old winning today would be really something too...

I can't decide who to root for.

How bout Padraig Harrington? Winning today would make this the second year in a row that he's won The Open. That would be quite an accomplishment too.

Well, he did do it again.

But I'm not pleased.

I REALLY don't like Harrington- Last year, he got lucky- remember, he screwed up on the 72nd hole last year and STILL WON- a reverse Van de Velde.

Well I guess a leopard can't change his spots. Norman melts down on the final 18. What a surprise. Still a good outing for the old man. And a PATHETIC showing by the field (except for Harrington and Stenson). They got beat by not just a 53 year old, but an AMATEUR too!

He still didn't do too bad over all for a 53 year old.

He still didn't do too bad over all for a 53 year old.

Agreed. In the end, a guy that is more known for being on the Senior's Tour, finishing 3rd at Royal Birkdale and earning $500,000+ paycheck is quite an achievement.

The Shark only had a 2 shot lead to start the day over Harrington. If anyone thinks this was a choke, they must not have seen the way Harrington played on the back 9.

Agreed. Norman doesn't even practice golf at all, really, anymore. One thing that wasn't mentioned much is that he earned another trip to Augusta by finishing Top 4.

hey listen, he's on his honeymoon and he just married chrissie everett. don't you think that wouldn't put a spark or two in his golf swing?

hey listen, he's on his honeymoon and he just married chrissie everett. don't you think that wouldn't put a spark or two in his golf swing?

I would have figured he would be too tired to play golf. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)