GEOSATpro How And Where To Connect A Gbox To The microHD?

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
I have read two threads about sharing Diseqc 1.2 and controllers with the microHD and other STBs. Where and how and at what port/input do I physically connect the GBOX to the microHD?.:eek:

Thank You

The Gbox Owners Manual should have full connection diagrams for connecting to a STB, actuator and LNB(f).

Connect a coax cable from the MicroHD SAT IN port to the Gbox RECEIVER port.

It goes in-line with your coax coming from your lnb. So, a short jumper from the receiver to the G or V-box, and then the coax from the lnb that was on the receiver, goes to the output of the G or V-box

i have found that i don't need to move my gbox when i move the receiver. i can take the receiver out to adjust the dish and hook to a spare cable to the gbox and move the dish to align it. it's a lot simpler than disconnecting the wires to the gbox and moving it out to the dish. charlie

The Gbox Owners Manual should have full connection diagrams for connecting to a STB, actuator and LNB(f).

Connect a coax cable from the MicroHD SAT IN port to the Gbox RECEIVER port.

Thanks, after reviewing the manual and looking at the connections, somehow the microHD single coax connection was confusing me. Could not understand if the coax went to the microHD first or the GBOX.

After playing with the system for a while, found out that the GBOX was pretty well programmed with all sort of satellite locations and data, and things were not working as planned. Found that one position contained too much information (4) different inputs.

Will have to reset the GBOX and start over from the beginning, will document the satellites position numbers and will give it a try this afternoon.

i have found that i don't need to move my gbox when i move the receiver. i can take the receiver out to adjust the dish and hook to a spare cable to the gbox and move the dish to align it. it's a lot simpler than disconnecting the wires to the gbox and moving it out to the dish. charlie

Hi, charlie.

You have my attention, please explain the setup that you mentioned. What about the spare cable that you hook to the GBOX, I am interested of doing the same thing, if it keeps me from draging the GBOX to the satellite dish site.

Thank You.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)