How Bad/Good does Dish HD look on a 65 Inch LED

dtvh8r

Original poster
Jul 19, 2013
tx
Does it look like $hit? and how about a 55 Inch LED?, also if I go for the 65 Inch should I dump DISH ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, turns out no one who has DISH has a TV bigger than 45" since the picture is just so bad. (If you can't tell I'm being facetious) What makes you ask the question?

It depends on the TV and the channel. TVs vary widely (regardless of the technology used) and so do the channels themselves. DISH generally doesn't score well with those who favor running their TVs in torch mode.

It WILL NOT be as good as a Blu-ray rip.

Yea, I can't stand Dish's picture on my 55 inch set, I am totally disgusted by it! Wish, I had the balls to leave and go back to my local cable company that costs almost $40 more for the same number of channels with even worse PQ.

I have a 61" LCoS RPTV and a 52" LCD. Good on both. Blu-ray certainly better. Dish WAY better than the analog cable I used to get, and with orders of magnitude less outages. Yep, cable was out FAR MORE than Dish.

Torrents have uneven PQ, to say the least. And the NSA is watching.

Dish on a 65" VT50 here, most of the time it aint bad, and it aint great, but it can pass as good. Depends on the channel too. Last weekends football on the ESPN's was crap. I've given up and am using OTA, as well as Amazon HD downloads of tv shows to my new tivo. The Amazon 1080p tv show files destroy Dish, its almost embarrassing.

I use dish for premium original series and some stupid crap like Deadliest Catch Im not paying for. Stuff like Hell on Wheels and Sons of Anarchy is coming from Amazon. I may start moving the premium shows over to Netflix discs and start suspending Dish when football is not in.

Programmers just did not plan compression for big screens. Dish in the bedroom looks outstanding on my 32" Panny LCD, to bad it can stink at 65"...

I dont get it. If you watch a 73" at 9ft and you think its great, you have never seen great. Thats just not true. Dish is average on many channels with a large screen. Compression artifacts are easily seen, I mean sometimes people look blocky and thats horrible.

I know there is worse, but I refuse to let Dish off the hook for what they have chosen to do.

That probably comes off the wrong way, but there isnt any way I can say that Dish HD is "great" after watching Netflix streaming and Amazon VOD tv shows. Hell on Wheels looks how it should on Amazon VOD, not on Dish.

Last edited:
I dont get it. If you watch a 73" at 9ft and you think its great, you have never seen great. Thats just not true. Dish is average on many channels with a large screen. Compression artifacts are easily seen, I mean sometimes people look blocky and thats horrible.

I know there is worse, but I refuse to let Dish off the hook for what they have chosen to do.

It always an opinion, that is yours.

Mine, Dish looks very good on my 60in led and very good on my 60in Mitsubishi both from about 10-11ft. almost as good the Hulu plus 3200k HD streams the BBC HD streams I get from the iplayer. Those look really good.

That probably comes off the wrong way, but there isnt any way I can say that Dish HD is "great" after watching Netflix streaming and Amazon VOD tv shows. Hell on Wheels looks how it should on Amazon VOD, not on Dish.

Thanks for your opinion, I don't agree. Dish has looked great on my older 60" DLP set, my 54" Panasonic Plasma and again on my 73" DLP. And I have new eyes to see with these days too!! :)

While I do watch Amazon VOD and have had Netflix in the past, I didn't think either of those were any better than what Dish is providing.
?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)