how can dish subnscribers receive espn3

Pretty sure espn3 is determined by your isp,not your sat or cable provider.I have Dish and Charter internet,Espn3 works fine for me.It also worked when I had ATT dsl.Now the espngo,or watch espn,whatever its called,Dish doesn't partner for that.

For most consumers it is determined by your isp. I get ESPN 3 as part of my internet sub to Cox at home and Windstream at lake house. The WatchEspn app use can be determined by both Internet or TV subscription. I can sign into the app with my Cox internet acct settings and it will let me see ESPN 3 but not the others since I have Dish for TV. Use the awesome sling adapter for those.

The jerks at Time-Warner (who I use for internet) require you to have a tv subscription in order to get ESPN3, unfortunately. Even though I pay them quite a bit every month for internet, that's not good enough.

I have ATT U-Verse internet and I get WatchESPN fine for ESPN3. Wasn't that what the original question was about? Now as a UVERSE subscriber, I don't get the full WatchESPN unlocked which allows you to watch any of their channels live over the internet. So I get ESPN3 with ATT UVERSE. We should clarify since there is a difference between getting E3 and the whole WatchESPN package access.

Last edited:
I have ATT U-Verse internet and I get WatchESPN fine for ESPN3. Wasn't that what the original question was about? Now as a UVERSE subscriber, I don't get the full WatchESPN unlocked which allows you to watch any of their channels live over the internet. So I get ESPN3 with ATT UVERSE. We should clarify since there is a difference between getting E3 and the whole WatchESPN package access.

Correct. ESPN3 is determined by your ISP. WatchESPN is determined by your television provider.

I have comcast so I get it thru them, however the App I can't get it with my comcast account unless I have TV thru them which is BS. I have Dish TV so IMO I pay for the channel I should be able to get the app access. So instead of doing without I just use a relatives comcast login for their tv service to access it on the app.

Restrictions like that really piss me off since IMO I think Dish/ESPN should get their acts together and allow app usage for dish subs AND give us ESPNU in HD!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts