How Can I Bypass "Aquiring Satellite Signal"?

gswetsky

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2004
Florida's Gulf Coast, Y'all
I just switched from Dish to DTV. I own my 622 receiver. My TV is HD, but doesn't have an ATSC tuner. While with Dish, I received my locals via antenna. Now I'd like to use the 622 to get some local channels that DTV doesn't supply.

Problem: Whenever I turn on my 622, it starts searching for the satellite. Is there a way to bypass that stage so I can get to my OTA channels?

Suggestion:
Menu selection 1, "Program Guide". That doesn't work - It says no program guide available.

Suggestion: Find a Dish customer who will allow me to connect to their satellite. Then I could switch to an OTA channel and go home and I'd have my locals - till someone accidentally selected a satellite channel.

Help!

Gerry

With a 211 receiver, when storms are blocking my satellite reception, I'm able to get to the local channels by turning off the receiver, turning it back on and quickly selecting the "Guide". From there I can tune to my ATSC locals.

Or connect the 622 to a Dish 500. You don't need to be a sub for the receiver to see the satellite.

you need to be able to have the reciever see the satellite. I had a 811 that was being used for OTA and had a connection to 119 hooked up.

PM me, I have a dish with a single LNB that you can have. As you see I live in Pensacola, near University Mall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)