How can i get my local channels back

jjsmbrose

Original poster
Jan 14, 2010
tn.
I am a dish network custermer for over two years love it but in November dish droped my local network channels .I live in the country were there is no cable i subscribe mainly for ABC,NBC,CBS and FOX . There has to be a way to work this out in need of help thanks.

I am a dish network custermer for over two years love it but in November dish droped my local network channels .I live in the country were there is no cable i subscribe mainly for ABC,NBC,CBS and FOX . There has to be a way to work this out in need of help thanks.

In what zip code are you located? What TV market? Like others have said, the options are distant locals from AAD or "moving" to an adjoining DMA if your location is in the spot beam footprint.

moving not a option

have cbs from all-american sat. from chicago now but cant recieve abc,nbc,or fox. why did dish drop me after two years of memphis local channels was very happy with that?Directv offers these channels but realy dont wont to go back to the iceage . no i cant recieve channels with a antena 90 miles away.

yae called when they cut off local networks in november got a run around that they got audited an we dont qualify any more had to get cbs from all-american but that was all we could get need all major channels

You don't say as to whether you need HD or SD locals. Spotbeam 14 (TP 20) on 110 has the Memphis SD locals Spotbeam 7 (TP 5) on 61.5 and Spotbeam 38 (TP 16) on 129 have the HD locals. Check the signal strengths on these TP's and if you get a strong signal then "move" your service address to a Memphis address. Keep your billing address the same.

Dish is only allowed to sell you stations from the DMA you live in. Unfortunatly you live in a DMA Jackson Tn, that is not served by Dish. Jackson has ABC and Fox don't they? Your zip is only about 30 miles from Jackson seems like an antenna would work. Dish may agree to new legislation within a few weeks, when and if it is passed by Congress to allow Dish to carry all DMA's and import missing networks from adjoining area. Hyperguy is correct you never should have been getting Memphis.

It sounds like you were not supposed to have them in the first place. And dish just realized you didso they took them away. When they are saying you should "move". They are saying tell dish you have a new address that will get you the locals but dont actually move

Trenton is in the Jackson, TN DMA (TV market) so that's where your locals legally have to originate. I think Jackson has an ABC and Fox affiliate so you should be able to get those two over the air (OTA) by putting up an outside antenna. You should also qualify for receiving CBS and NBC via satellite from All American Direct and Dish Network. If the antenna is high enough and has sufficient gain, you might be able to also pick up some of the Nashville and Memphis stations as well. It just depends.

Another alternative. Trenton is in the spot beam footprint for both the Nashville and Memphis HD locals and probably the SD locals. Find an address to "move" to in either of those DMAs and use that as the new service address you've moved to. Keep your billing address at your real address. Use the chat feature for doing the move and be sure to tell the CSR you already have the antenna and receiver set up and that all you already are getting all the national programming and that you just need your locals.

thanks for ur info hope the pass this . i was recieveing memphis local channels as of nov. then dish cut it off, jackson only has abc. when dish came out this wasnt a problem i have two dishes in the yard one was sopossely for hd local channels . the reason i have sat is antenna never would pick up fuzz

thanks for ur info hope the pass this . i was recieveing memphis local channels as of nov. then dish cut it off, jackson only has abc. when dish came out this wasnt a problem i have two dishes in the yard one was sopossely for hd local channels . the reason i have sat is antenna never would pick up fuzz

Have you tried antenna since digital transition?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)