How can I get non-digital channels to my HR10-250?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ItsMeSB

Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
My situation is that I have a modulator that sends a mirror image of my SD Tivo to all channels in the house via a Mediacom cable (using channel 69). I just had an HR10-250 installed and there is no "cable" input like there was with my old sony HD receiver. So I thought I would route the mirror thru the antenna instead, but the HR10-250 only lists HD antenna channels.

Is there any way to add non-digital channels to the HR10-250's lineup? I know it sounds silly to want SD Tivo programming routed to a HD DVR, but I have shows I want to watch still on the SD Tivo and I may use it to record programming that doesn't show up in HD to make more room on the HD DVR for the high quality stuff.

This set up works fine with the Sony, relocated to another room. There's got to be some way to access other non-digital channels coming thru the antenna; which would also be useful if the dish fails from snow or stormy weather, right? Or what if I were to split the antenna signal and route the 2nd cable directly to the TV?

Any instructions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:D

Thanks,
Sbergstc

Welcome to the forum, Sbergstc!

Sorry, but the HR10-250 only receives Digital TV channels. So splitting the feed to the TV would be your best bet.

Cheers,
Tom

Thanks much for the quick response. I was afraid that was the case. I've since switched the modulator over to the antenna feed; split it going to the HR10-20 and directly to the TV, But so far I'm unable to get it on my new JVC HD-ILA. I receive the signal fine on my other tv... For some reason the mod station (66) is not recognized on channel search so I may be out of luck with that set up as well. I''m trying to find a way to manually add a channel.

I'll keep trying...

sbergstc

No Tom I don't think so. I disconnected the incoming cable line from all but my modem/computer and connected the antenna routing it throughout the house in place of the cable just for this purpose... I don't use the cable basic channels anyway... When I scan the channels, I do use the cable setting, but I think that's because the antenna line is connected to that coax jack on the tv. For what ever reason, scanning "cable" instead of "air" gets me my locals/hd locals. But just to be sure I'll rescan "air" again and look for channel 66.

thanks...
Sharon

Well your hd ird is hooked up through some sort of component cable right? So your analog input should still be available on back of your tv. just plug it straight into the back of your tv and turn to channel 3 to watch your old tivo...?

HD IRD... meaning my old HD Sony receiver? If so, the antenna runs to both the new HR10-250 and the back of my HD-ILA. But the channels are scanned and if there is no signal then the channel doesn't register. And since the other Tivo is still on, there should be signal. As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm planning on doing another "Air" scan and see if channel 66 registers. It's not a big deal, it would just be nice to watch those remaining shows on the new ILA and I plan to use the non-HD tivo to record non-HD shows that I watch. But I can always watch them on the old tv which receives the mod channel fine.

Thanks.
Sbergstc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)