How can I pay now?

whyme

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 27, 2004
The Voom Website is down and says Voom will be cut off at the end of March.. So how do I pay my bill now since I used to pay online?? I hate mailing bills.. Hell if they are closing down at the end of the month then is it even worth paying?

Do the right thing and they pay them for the great programming they provided you. As far as paying online, just call the 800 number and use your credit card

Will they charge me? I know most companies charge up to 50 dollars for paying over the phone. There is no way in hell I would do that. Im just wondering if there is a backway into the page to pay if it is still there. Im sure all of our account info in the system hasnt been erased.

Personally I would have to get a bill in the mail or email indicating when my payment is due.
I wouldn't pay until then. That's not asking too much is it?

I went off autopay last month.
1) Im not calling anyone.
2) If they dont mail me a bill they are not getting paid.
3) I see any billing screwups as James Dolans fault. I wont reward him with unsolicited payments.

When is your bill normally due? I would just wait a week or so and if you don't get a bill, decide if you want to pay or not.

You are legally obligated to pay for services rendered. Since they pre-bill (bill in advance) they may be changing the billing cycles since they intend to shutdown.

riffjim4069 said:
Just call the VOOM 1-800 number and they will gladly take your payment over the phone.

Well thats my question.. I know if I did this with some companies they will charge me to call and make a payment. Does anyone know if Voom does?

I do not think anyone here knows because no one did this before. Pick up the phone and give them a call. They did not charge me (extra) when I paid $750 when I signed up with them after they launched.

zombie said:
Since they pre-bill (bill in advance) they may be changing the billing cycles since they intend to shutdown.
FWIW: I just received my bill today. The "service period" is listed as February 25 -- March 24. The due date is March 22. That only sounds like two days of "advance" billing to me -- maybe they've changed their policy on this?

whyme said:
The Voom Website is down and says Voom will be cut off at the end of March.. So how do I pay my bill now since I used to pay online?? I hate mailing bills.. Hell if they are closing down at the end of the month then is it even worth paying?
Send me a check and I take care of the payment :D

TheTimm said:
FWIW: I just received my bill today. The "service period" is listed as February 25 -- March 24. The due date is March 22. That only sounds like two days of "advance" billing to me -- maybe they've changed their policy on this?

Interesting.. Maybe thats why i havent gotten another bill yet, paid through march 11.

Personally, if your are on autopay, I would take it off immediately. In January, I was billed my regular monthly amount of $100+ PLUS an additional $250 for "termination of service" which I never asked for. It took 6 phone calls and 4 weeks to get a credit back on my card. If there was another glitch like that, good luck getting a reversal if they shut down. You could dispute the charge with the credit card company but I didn't want to go to the trouble to hassle with that. I will pay my bill as long as I get service but not on automatic payment.

I don't think it is right!

I feel I should pay for services rendered but it makes me mad that they are in the process of turning off the service & are not even telling us about it. I called Voom last night & they are totally dening that they are in trouble of closure. The rep told me that it was just a glitch in the system & that they are not closing. :confused: I don't get it, why lie to me about closing. My bill is due by March 12th & I think that I'm going to wait until the end of the month to see if they are even still on the air. :mad: If they aren't still there I guess I will have to go back to my old cable provider :no (which sucks ass) What do you think I should do? I wish they would just forget about shutting off Voom & let us keep on enjoying the best HDTV.

jayhawk as much as I agree with you I would wait until 3/7 (Monday) to see where everything is going before stating that they are closing. This thing is NOT over yet.

TheTimm said:
I just received my bill today. The "service period" is listed as February 25 -- March 24. The due date is March 22. That only sounds like two days of "advance" billing to me -- maybe they've changed their policy on this?

Mine runs from the 7th to the 7th with a due date on the 18th so I should get a bill next week. I'm going to wait until the service either goes dark or April 1st to pay it. If it goes dark before April 1st I'll just pro-rate the payment.

For 31 days that is:

Voom=$1.287/day
1 STB=$0.306/day
Taxes=$0.079/day

If they go dark on the 31st my pro-rated amount would be:

VOOM=$30.89
1 STB=$7.34
Taxes=$2.29
-------------
$40.52

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)