How can I record programs from DVR to DVD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Salacak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
What should my connections has to be. I have a lot of program already recorded to HR20 and I want a clear the memory recording them to DVD recorder. I have a DVD recorder and they are not connected with eachother. DVD player connected to TV and HR20 also connected to TV separetly.

S-Video out, Audio out R & L out from HR20 to S-Video in and Audio in R & L in on Dvd Recorder, you will have to find which input to activate if multiples on your Dvd Recorder... ( unless you have Component inputs on your Dvd recorder, if so use them instead of the S-Video) you will only get 480 resolution to the Dvd recorder but should be pretty good quaility...

with that setup can I see what am I doing on TV while recording. Do I have to take out all the other connections I have right now and some HD programs I'll like to record (I know it won't be HD recording but I don't want a lose them) for aspect ratio and vs. do I have to set anything.

If you output a Component or S-Video output from the Dvd Recorder to your set, yes but, you will have to experiment with your settings to get the aspect ratio where you want it... or if you have a pc burner transfer the dvd to a dvd file and run dvd patcher on it to restore to the 16:9 aspect you want...

Status
Please reply by conversation.