How can I view 2 different channel in 2 different rooms !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Handy Bob

Original poster
Feb 14, 2009
Michigan
I all, new to the site, looks like some good info here!
So that's the reason I'm here. I am looking at a Sonicview 360 Elite dual tuner and would like to use it in to rooms to watch different channels (wife and myself, different likes!!!!).I have dish DVR and a second standalone. I'm thinking about getting rid of the DVR, don't use it much really, just for dual tuners. I am going to keep the stand alone. Is there a tuner that will work? It looks like I would need an IR extender (no big deal). I also have a few extra Lnbs and an old big dish, see where I’m going. Years ago they made a bracket for the big dishes to attach the small lnbs to. Should have great signals with big dish.Any info would be helpful!
Thanks HB

The Sonicview 360 will not replace your Dish Network DVR. You cannot subscribe to Dish Network programming with a receiver that is not authorized by Dish Network.

The Sonicview 360 is suitable for receiving channels which are not encrypted. Example of these free channels can be found in THE LIST You can use either a 36" or larger dish for KU band channels or a larger 7 - 10' dish for C-band. Yes, you an mount several LNBFs on a single fixed dish or motorize to receive any visible satellite.

If you are not into the Free to Air channels listed above and only are interested in receiving Dish Network, you already have the right equipment!

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

I know the 360 elite won't replace my dish network dvr receiver,its for FTA only. I will still have my standalone for that. I didn't know if you can watch different channels with it. The specs say you can watch one channel and record another, or watch 2 channels with pip. I just wanted to find out if the 360 let you watch different FTA channel in different rooms.
Thanks HB

Understood...

The unit has a single output for connecting to a single viewing device. It does not have multiple isolated outputs like your Dish Network DVR.

Could be wrong, but I don't believe I've seen that feature in an FTA receiver .
(two outputs of different programming, to two TV sets)
Most guys just get two FTA receivers (they're not expensive), then ask what switches/LNBs they need to hook 'em up.
That way, you'll each have your own remote, et al.
And as long as they will be in different rooms, the same brand might make sense.
That way, if you and your wife swap rooms, you still know how to operate the equipment.

Personally, I'm fond of DVRs (or PVRs).
I have one on Dish Network.
Used to have one on BEV.
Have two now on FTA. (Visionsat IV-200)

Could be wrong, but I don't believe I've seen that feature in an FTA receiver .
(two outputs of different programming, to two TV sets))

Havent seen one either. I know of dual tuner units but they work in single mode (only one TV)...no option for two TV's watching different programs

Agree with Anole, two receivers would be the least expensive way to go at the current time.

We have tested several units with twin tuners and discreet outputs, but did not see much need for having a centralized STB feeding two TVs. These units are currently sold in Europe under several brandings and are not economical.

Currently testing a two tuner receiver which serves streaming live signals or file recordings to multiple IP receivers via CAT5 or WiFi. Very cool, but VERY expensive solution. Look for these types of units to appear on the market in the next year.

Currently testing a two tuner receiver which serves streaming live signals or file recordings to multiple IP receivers via CAT5 or WiFi. Very cool, but VERY expensive solution. Look for these types of units to appear on the market in the next year.

Sounds like what the HD HomeRun does for ATSC reception... Interesting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.