How come I can't post a classified ad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but our Classifieds section is only available to forum supporters (Pub members).

NOTE the bold print in the description of the forum.
SatelliteGuys Classifieds (10 Viewing)
Have some satellite equipment you want to get rid of? Sell it here! (Please no software ads, dealers or Hacked Equipment.)
While anyone can read the classifieds, only supporting Pub Members may post items for sale.

Sorry, thanks.

I thought I had posted something in Classifieds earlier. Maybe the "Pub" members only rule happened since I did that?

Thanks

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, thanks.

I thought I had posted something in Classifieds earlier. Maybe the "Pub" members only rule happened since I did that?

I had a Directv AM21 I wanted to get rid of. Guess I'll have to find somewhere else.

Thanks

Jeff
You could become a Pub Member and help support this great site.

I personally don't think they should require a pub membership to buy and sell on the classified ad section. It would benefit pub members by having more available products to buy from those that are not pub members.

I personally don't think they should require a pub membership to buy and sell on the classified ad section. It would benefit pub members by having more available products to buy from those that are not pub members.

The reason it is done here is to give some type of protection for people that buy the stuff. If anyone could do it then there would be a lot of people that would get taken advantage of and would lose money, then the whole thing would get shut down and nobody would be able to use it anymore.

I got scammed a few years ago out of $150 and he was a pub member. PayPal changed their policy since then though saying that they give a refund even if they do not have funds in their account if you do not receive your merchandise.

Too bad the policy changed.

I thought several years ago registered users could sell stuff there. In fact I thought I remembered doing that.

Thanks again,

Jeff

for newbie to post a thread on the forum

Hi,

Please explain how to post an enquiry asking for assitsance from members.
For example , asking for assistance from members about a site where one can see what actuators would be suitable for 150 x 165 cm offset dish9weight 37 kgs).

Many thanks for your guidance,
rgds,
kadnor

It looks like I can post elsewhere, like here, but can't open a posting window in classfieds.

Just wondering what the problem is.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi,

Please explain how to post an enquiry asking for assitsance from members.
For example , asking for assistance from members about a site where one can see what actuators would be suitable for 150 x 165 cm offset dish9weight 37 kgs).

Many thanks for your guidance,
rgds,
kadnor

You might try asking the question over in the FTA forums here. There is a huge pool of knowlegable people in there that would be able to help. (this forum is about how the BBS itself operates)

BBS??! You are showing you age, jayn_j! :D

If they can't join up for the small fee a pub membership is; they can use Craigslist.:rant:

If they can't join up for the small fee a pub membership is; they can use Craigslist.:rant:

Besides, Scott explained it pretty well. Restricting to supporting members eliminates the scum that signs up just to post scams, pirate stuff and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts