How Come You Cant Delete Channels On This New Stupid Img

tvwatchingdude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
Verizon used to let me delete channels! How could they take of this feature??? WHERE THE HELL IS IT, i pay so much damn money for their service and they decide to take something off which is actually helpful! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh! why the hell should i flip through 200 channels i dont subscribe to!!! bring that feature back!

A bit convoluted but go to
MENU, then
SETTINGS, then
FAVORITE CHANNELS, then
ADD/REMOVE CHANNELS (select those you want to keep)the
FLIP CHANNELS
FAVORITE CHANNELS

When scanning you wll then only get the channels you have selected.Hope this mamkes sense

so you have to press fav everytime you change channels?

so you have to press fav everytime you change channels?

No - once you add/remove channels and go to Flip Channels and select Favorite Channels (rather than All Channels) you only see your favorite channels when scanning

sooooooooo........

i only have to set it on fav channels once, and then everytime i turn the box on and off, it is already going to be set on fav channels??? and thats it? then it only scans the ones i like?

I mean, i dont want to have to set it to fav channels everytime i turn on the box.

Once you make the selections and choose Favorite Channels on the Flip Channel category it will not change the settings when the box is turned off, but why do you shut off the box?

because

my box makes kind of an annoying whirring sound when you keep it on at night. Its very subtle but at night you can hear it. It doesnt let me sleep. If I turn it off the sound goes away.

This is one of the annoying mistakes with the new IMG. You should turn off the box if your not using it, because with the 2500's (standard) and 6200's (HD) they'll heat up and pixalate if you leave them on too long. The dvr's have cooling fans in them for the hard drive and will start malfunctioning also if left on all the time.

you know what would be cool....

you know what would be cool.... letting us put channels where we want them. For example putting cnn on channel 6 or something. That would be great. BTW, how can fios put fox business channel and not CNNHD. I mean wtf watches fbc or watever its called. What a waste of space. BRING CNNHD NOW!

The favorites guide is what you want to use. It allows you to remove all the channels you never watch so you can quickly channel surf to what you want. When you edit the favorites list you will check only the channels you want to watch. Here is where the favorites is BROKEN since the infamous guide UPGRADE... it will also add the Spanish version of your favorite channel. Its still better than channel surfing the whole guide.

my box makes kind of an annoying whirring sound when you keep it on at night. Its very subtle but at night you can hear it. It doesnt let me sleep. If I turn it off the sound goes away.

When i had fios that same noise drove me crazy. always hearing the hard drive and fan going. I have the same issue with the Dish 722

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)