How do I change how early events are recorded?

sjvirchow

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Chatting online with Dish, they told me to go DVR>Schedule>Timers>Manual Timers>Options and change it from there. Well, the options are completely grayed out!

Also, please disregard the green streaks in the thumbnails. My TV is getting fixed tomorrow morning under warranty.

Attachments

• IMG_2967.JPG
    IMG_2967.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 187
  • IMG_2968.JPG
    IMG_2968.JPG
    913.4 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
push left arrow button to highlight "protect event", up and down to go to the minutes, left and right to adjust the minutes. I don't know what else to say...

If you can't figure it out, try this. Pick a program to record, any program. While making the timer you will see a similar screen to the one you posted. Click on the arrows to make how many minutes before or after you want. Click on "make this the sytem default" if you want all future recordings to be like the one you just made.

Pick done and you are done. Even if you now erase this timer, you have set the default for however many minutes you picked just now.

Please note, if the before or after option is set to 1 or sometimes 2 min the extension may be removed to allow the tuner to record another show that abuts this one. It is especially true for sequential shows on one channel. It is difficult to record a little after a show and a little before the next. You could make a single long recording. Do not depend on the stations (pay attention Comedy Central) to hit the 5 or 30 minute change-overs.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)