How do I get D* to repair this damage?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It is not an approved surface to mount a odu.

I was specifically ONLY referring to the poster I quoted that eluded to stucco itself "being bad, very bad". If you will re-read it, I made no mention to my beliefs of the current install processes; just that there is nothing wrong with stucco itself. However; I do think the installer of this particular job, as well as the home owner, made some bad choices. In another post all I said is that I say is that I as well as numerous others in the area do have them without issue, which is fact and likely fairly normal in the desert SW. Maybe those were done by better installers and maybe before rules about stucco were set in stone; so to speak.

So what's the beef?

its bad because directv says its bad. every now and then ill do stucco so as long as there is support behind like wood or concrete. especially here in florida. but only if its the only option and customer doesnt want it on roof or on pole in yard mainly the newer houses. hell, directv had to recall all tapcons because of issues like these and prevent damage claims. lag screws are a better hold anyway.

Know that stucco is just a finish!
Whatever is under that finish is what the dish must be attached to. "Hardwall" is a stucco finish on styrofoam insulation board with something underneath. Block or brick can be "parged" with a stucco finish. There are other wall types and they all look similar from the outside.

Just say no! Eventually there will be a sign off presented stating that the dish location was approved by the property owner and the installer did what was ordered.

The pictures show a no brainer for a pole mount.

Joe

You definitely need an EXPERIENCED installer to install on stucco.

In your case, the dish is installed too close to the edge of the chimney, especially for the monopole anchor . It should be moved about 24 inches to the right.

VERY good instructions, Mike.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts