How Do I get NASA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Ok I know I should be able to get NASA FTA, I'm guessing it's on 119W? Do I need a circular LNB? and my old DBS dish? or can I use my standard LNB on my 30" Winegard? I scanned 119W and got a bunch of the scrambled stuff....the screen says Bell ExpressVu 91 at the top. Do I manually need to put in the Transponder info for Nasa? Sorry I'm lost on this one. Thanks! Blind

Thanks! LaK7....I'm not going to put up the old DBS dish in this cold for one channel. Maybe in the summer. I'll double check tomorrow but the 30" motorized dish was pointing in the general direction of 119W. I'm not that desperate for one more channel just yet lol. Thanks! Blind:)

What you really need is a nice big 10=12foot c-band parked over on AMC6. Then you get better picture quality and several channels instead of the one Dishnetwork puts up.

What you really need is a nice big 10=12foot c-band parked over on AMC6. Then you get better picture quality and several channels instead of the one Dishnetwork puts up.
Absolutely! That's how I do it here. The last shuttle mission was awesome in HD too!:cool::up

Another dish will equal one divorce lol...my wife says no more than 3 dishes...I'll bet I could sneak a Cband dish in there some how though. Blind:)

Exactly what I'm planning for (using my 7.5' Perfect 10) IF I can find a large NPRM before the next (delayed) shuttle mission. I'm happy for the delay, it gives me more time to try to secure a mount after Mardi Gras :) I don't want to miss another moment of glorious HD from space.

Another dish will equal one divorce lol...my wife says no more than 3 dishes...I'll bet I could sneak a Cband dish in there some how though. Blind:)

Substitute a C-Band dish for an existing Ku dish (upgrade) and you'll still be at no more than three, unless she counts the big dish as more than one...

..... I don't want to miss another moment of glorious HD from space.

I've watched most of the shutle missions since they put up the HD channel, and I have yet to see any *LIVE* "HD from space". Ie I may have missed a mission, but the last mission I watched had HD from space, but it was a delayed package of collected video they'd show each day. I hope the next mission will start showing LIVE HD, but so far, most of the live stuff has just been SD... unless I missed a mission. Of course, the launch was HD, and that's awesome... at least the cameras on the ground. I think the cameras that they have up in the fuel tank, etc were still SD. Speaking of which, perhaps the best video I've ever seen from a shuttle mission (which was unfortunately in SD), was the video from one of those fuel tanks that they recover from the ocean (can't remember if it was the solid fuel boosters or the big fuel tank. Anyway, it was a view from when the boosters (I think) were dropping down via parachutes, then hit the water, and for a few seconds were under the surface, then popped back up on top of the water.... really neat video, and I was really wishing that it had been in HD.
Hopefully everything will be in HD there soon.

I may have missed a mission, but the last mission I watched had HD from space, but it was a delayed package of collected video they'd show each day.

That's the main thing I'm looking for. Most recently, one of the astronauts who had an extended stay on the ISS as an expedition crew member shot a great HD tour of the station. I'd love that sort of stuff in HD :)

...perhaps the best video I've ever seen from a shuttle mission (which was unfortunately in SD), was the video from one of those fuel tanks that they recover from the ocean (can't remember if it was the solid fuel boosters or the big fuel tank. Anyway, it was a view from when the boosters (I think) were dropping down via parachutes, then hit the water, and for a few seconds were under the surface, then popped back up on top of the water.... really neat video, and I was really wishing that it had been in HD.
Hopefully everything will be in HD there soon.

I love the solid rocket booster videos! My favorite part is when the SRBs separate and you can see the shuttle fly on ahead. Looks like a scene from a sci-fi movie, except its real. They usually show this video for each mission, often during crew sleep hours on flight day 2 or 3. As far as I can tell, the source cameras are standard definition, which is strange. One would think that the higher resolution of HD would benefit the purpose of those cameras (to spot ice and foam chunks during liftoff)...

That's the main thing I'm looking for. Most recently, one of the astronauts who had an extended stay on the ISS as an expedition crew member shot a great HD tour of the station. I'd love that sort of stuff in HD :)
YES.... I saw about half of that video, it was pretty neat.
I love the solid rocket booster videos! My favorite part is when the SRBs separate and you can see the shuttle fly on ahead. Looks like a scene from a sci-fi movie, except its real. They usually show this video for each mission, often during crew sleep hours on flight day 2 or 3. As far as I can tell, the source cameras are standard definition, which is strange. One would think that the higher resolution of HD would benefit the purpose of those cameras (to spot ice and foam chunks during liftoff)...
Yeah, those things have definately been SD. I keep hoping that they'll replace those camera with HD ones. But NASA is very slow to approve new hardware, even if it is clearly better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts