How do I hook up PSX 2 component to HD in the box ?

ROLLTIDE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Mobile,AL
I can't get my PSX 2 to work with the HD in the box useing the component connection . I can disconnect it and it works fine on my sony 27 inch. Could there be a setting in the tv ?

On my Mitsubishi I had to go in the menu and assign it to a port. In my case it was the front panel, then I had to go in and accually turn the port on in another menu. Hope that helped. Maybe that is the case with yours.

Problem may be with your PS2 settings. If you go from a regular cable to component, you have to go into your Configuration menu of the ps2 and change the output to Component video. you call also change your screen size output to 16:9 in this same menu.

Ransack said:
Problem may be with your PS2 settings. If you go from a regular cable to component, you have to go into your Configuration menu of the ps2 and change the output to Component video. you call also change your screen size output to 16:9 in this same menu.

Already did that. I went from Component on the Sony 27 to Component on the 34 inch tv and changed screen size to 16.9 before I swaped the cables. Still no Picture !

What format does the Component IN on the TV accept? What resolution is the PS set to? If you are mismatching then it's Troublesville.

What format does the Component IN on the TV accept? Not sure
What resolution is the PS set to? It's set for Component cables and 16.9 Not sure of resolution

I'm about to pull some more hair out !

5 cents to Gp if he gets my psx2 working :)

I have three sets of component inputs on my HDTV. One only accepts 480i and 480p. The other two only accept 720p and 1080i.

My XBOX can only work in HD on the HD inputs.

Does your DVD player work on the TV's component input?

I'd double check the resolution the inputs take and compare them with the PS-2's output resolution.

If that doesn't work, kick it a few times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts