How do I increase number of stations I can pull in?

I do not have a 91XG, but I have a CM4228 and a Funke PSP-1922 that I plan to put up when the Roswell NM stations go back to their original VHF frequencies in June.

I probably don't have the elevation to pick themup (according to TVFool) but I'll try.

KBIM and KOBR are just over 80 miles west of me over relatively flat ground. maybe Some signal at night or early morning.

The next closest stations are Clovis and Portales at about 100 miles, Amariillo at 125 miles and Midland Odessa at 150 miles.

I figure my best bet for long distance Digital reception is channels 8 and 10 out of Roswell.

TVFool says if I was about 35-40 miles west of here I could get Clovis, Portales and both Roswell stations (Noise Margin around zero).

With the 91XG and a YA-1713 joined with a passive UHF/VHF joiner keeping your transmission line as short as possible - no splitters - you could receive any or all of the stations above zero on the Noise Margin column.

You may have problems amplifying the signal due to the very close proximity of several transmitters that very well could overload the tuner.
Jim5506 is exactly right. I get pretty much all the stations above zero on the noise margin column reliably 24/7. The antenna is only 30 feet off the ground, pointed right into many large trees. 75 feet of RG-6 cable, and no amplifier.

Attachments

• Radar-Pre.png
    Radar-Pre.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 94
  • Trees.JPG
    Trees.JPG
    529.5 KB · Views: 112

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)