Status
Please reply by conversation.

Desertnight

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
Up in the sky, out of the way
To make a long story shorter:

I tried to adjust the chain on my Ajak to take up slack cause the dish would not go back to the same spot every time.

Come to find out after the fact...after I did this... did that..., that the green pulse wire was loose. I reattached the wire.

Now, the dish is pointed at the G4 (99 W) and I am picking up programming on the SV360, but the 922 says I am on the G3 (95 W) satellite.:mad: How do I fix it without having to do a master reset on the 922?

What can I do to resync or readjust the satellites on the 922 back to where they should be. In other words, if I want to call up G4, the 922 will go to the position where the G4 satellite is instead of saying I am on G3.

I thought I once saw a button on one of the 922 screens that said "Adjust all satellites". Would that work if I could get to the screen where the button is?
Would I have to delete a satellite (which satellite ?) and reprogram back in to get the button to show up?

H....E...L....P....!!!:eek:

Thanks.

With the dish pointed at G4 and the 922 reporting G3 do this:

1) Options 6-4-4
2) Select satellite "G4"
3) Select "Change Settings"
4) Press "Go Back"
5) Select "Adjust ALL Satelite Positions"

I will follow your directions. Now, that brings up a couple of more questions: will the East and West Dish Limits change/adjust also? and how long does it take for the satellites to adjust (seconds or several minutes)?

The 922 manual I have does not even mention or explain what the "Change Settings" "Adjust All Satellites" functions are all about. Amazing.:mad:

My analog manual has a short section on Re-sync all satellites, but why not the 922!!

Oh well.:eek:

I am not fond of pushing buttons on these receivers without understanding what might happen.

Thanks again!

The East/West limits won't change automatically - if your dish has moved that much, you will need to adjust the limits.

The adjustments are "instant".

You're right about the manual not discussing these things - maybe it's designed for technical folks.

As I understand it, the DSR will adjust each satellite position, either positivley or negativley, by the new "offset".

The only potential problem, is that of the limits, but you can easily adjust that.

Last edited:
Thanks again.:)

I followed your directions this morning. G4 is now G4 at the same numbered location it was at before the problem. I checked out a couple of other satellites and their numbering is the same as before.

Though I have not checked out the east and west limit positions, I would say that they are the same because the other satellite numbering is the same.

Yes, the adjustment was instantaneous.

Apparently, I could have used this option 6-4-4 back in November when my chain on the motor did break and the dish crashed (a different thread and long story without a definitive answer), instead of having gone through another master reset.

I learn something new every day.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts