How Do I Schedule DVR for Upcomming Free Preview Before it Starts?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dnamertz

Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Porland
Before a free preview weekend starts (like the one comming up this weekend) I am not able to start setting certain movies to record on those channels on my non-HD receiver...I push the "record" button and nothing happens. This is not a problem on my HD receiver as it lets me "schedule it anyway" if its a channel I don't subscribe to. In the past, I've been able to get around this problem on my non-HD receiver by going to Directv.com and setting it to record from the online guide before the free preview begins.

Now with the recent changes to Directv's website, I can no longer schedule a recording for a channel I don't subscribe to.

Anyone know a way around this? There are some movies I want to record Friday to my non-HD DVR and if I can't schedule it before Thursday night, I won't be able to schedule it.

Change your favorites guide to "view all" instead of "channels I get" or whatever you have it currently set for, then select the shows you want to record as usual. I would imagine you could also use DTV . com so schedule recordings too.

Change your favorites guide to "view all" instead of "channels I get" or whatever you have it currently set for, then select the shows you want to record as usual. I would imagine you could also use DTV . com so schedule recordings too.

I changed my channels list to "view all" and I still can't record on these movie channels. I did notice that when I select a series that is on one of these channels (such as Homeland or Californication) it gives me the option to "record series", but if I select a movie the only choices are "showings" or "done".

As I stated in my original post, I tried scheduling recordings on DTV.com and "record" is no longer an option for channels I don't receive. Months ago I was able to schedule movies this way days before a free preview.

I haven't recorded an upcoming free weekend in some time, but when I did it with a manual recording it worked. Of course, maybe things have changed since then. Give it a try and the worst that will happen is it won't record.

I just tried setting up a Recording for over the weekend and for the channels I don't sub to, when you hit the Record button, it says "The Program may not record because this recvr is not currently authorized for it.
The I have the option:
Schedule it anyways or
Don't Schedule

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)