How do I see the rest of the description on the info page?

docdaddy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2016
Birmingham, AL
looking at the info page for some classic movies on TCM. The descriptions clearly have more than displayed, e.g. "(bunch of stuff then) and this classic led to..."

I tried using the page down button but it doesn't show the rest of the description. Driving me crazy! Help!

looking at the info page for some classic movies on TCM. The descriptions clearly have more than displayed, e.g. "(bunch of stuff then) and this classic led to..."

I tried using the page down button but it doesn't show the rest of the description. Driving me crazy! Help!
I believe we must have lost that feature when then started changing the guide provider or data, along with icons for many shows, etc. I'd like to see it back too.

Before, my pet peeve was that on many shows, pressing the page down only showed one more line, where if they had eliminated the "press page down" prompt, it would have all fit on the first page. Guess they must have fixed that for me by truncating the description.

Dave

lots of descriptions are now truncated - there doesn't seem to be any way to get what isn't there........

Movies seem to be the worst - hitting "info" takes me to the "Summary" tab where (among other things) the Description shows up - unfortunately is that description is a bit "wordy" it will be cut short. I don't believe there is anything we can do about that on our end.

Movies seem to be the worst - hitting "info" takes me to the "Summary" tab where (among other things) the Description shows up - unfortunately is that description is a bit "wordy" it will be cut short. I don't believe there is anything we can do about that on our end.
Pushing the info button at the top of remote finishes most of the descriptions.

Yeah, pushing the info button USED to give you the rest of the description, but now it does not. So you get a movie description like "This is the movie in which, for the only time in her career, Marilyn Monroe........"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)