How Do I Subscribe To DTV From Canada?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Uplink said:
I'm sorry but you are being ignorant. They allow satellite radio and they have CNN, Fox News, CBS, NBC, FOX, WB, etc. on BEV and *C.

And a lot of places in America don't allow radar detectors.

CRTC approves satellite radio

as of 7-05 you are the ignorant one, try to get xm/cirus in canada
try to get dish or dtv legal.

as far as the radar detectors yes 3 out of 50 states. not the whole country
and if you do get caught it's a payable fine,but not in canada,and opp
will steal your detector(probably to sale or for self use when they come
to the u.s.) just thank God everyday i was born in the U.S.A.

Uplink said:
I'm sorry but you are being ignorant. They allow satellite radio and they have CNN, Fox News, CBS, NBC, FOX, WB, etc. on BEV and *C.

CRTC approves satellite radio

there's your problem the cbc info if dish and direct are allowed in canada
why are they are canadians stilling the signals,and why when they are caught they are being arrested,we are going up in a couple of weeks,i'll write down
some address' and turn them over to dish and direct and then let them
take care of these people that are steeling what i have to pay for.

no they would not be stealing if they have valid access cards and I have activated canadians (I could tell) before use a po box and do all thei billing on line you won't get locals and I have activated cards recently that were on other accounts and now disc, always worth the old college try (but this is not supposed to be able to happen) they will ask you if you have a pic on 100 to insure its connected properly and then activate normally unless they can't activate the card and yes if you complain about the access card fee they may depending on circumstances waive the fee for the card. Activating these rcvrs in canada is illegal I understand.

I Went To "crest Try" In August Of 2003 And Spent $3500 On A Big Screen Hd Tv, A D* Hd Receiver And Triple Lnb Dish. They Never Sent My Paperwork In For Install. 10 Days Later I Had My Own Person Install It, When I Went To Activate It D* Told Be It Was A Deactivated Card. The Box Had New Stickers On It. An Hour Later They Turned It On For Me, But I Did File A Complaint With D* About "crest Try". I Told Them That They Are Secretly Working For The Cable Industry. I Won't Spend Another Dime With Them.

cobra55 said:
there's your problem the cbc info if dish and direct are allowed in canada
why are they are canadians stilling the signals,and why when they are caught they are being arrested,we are going up in a couple of weeks,i'll write down
some address' and turn them over to dish and direct and then let them
take care of these people that are steeling what i have to pay for.
Before BEV got their own logo printed on their dishes they said Dish Network on them, even today a BEV Dealer may buy Dish Network dishes if they get a good deal on them. As for the DirecTV dishes, a lot of Canadians switched to BEV and just use the old dish.

And Canadians pay even more then you do for your programming since they have to pay a broker on top of their monthly subscription fees.

cobra55 said:
as of 7-05 you are the ignorant one, try to get xm/cirus in canada
try to get dish or dtv legal.

as far as the radar detectors yes 3 out of 50 states. not the whole country
and if you do get caught it's a payable fine,but not in canada,and opp
will steal your detector(probably to sale or for self use when they come
to the u.s.) just thank God everyday i was born in the U.S.A.
A radar detector has nothing to do with freedom. Radar Detectors are used by people who speed to avoid getting speeding tickets.

I thought this thread was about getting DTV in Canada.

Why would you want DTV in Canada?

Just curious because it seems you get almost everything on DTV,on EV, just for less.

I was thinking about getting DTV recently...

I found out that they will not activate used equipment anymore at all. They no longer send out new cards to those who buy used equipment, you just can't use it.

You can buy new equipment from a retailer, but you will have a commitment That's right, you will have a commitment, even when you buy and install your own stuff.

Hey all,

In staying with the oringinal thread here,can anyone help me get hooked up with DTV??? I do not like BEV,I would much rather have DTV,if anyone can help,I would be very grateful,because football season is here and I NEED it.-lol
P.S.--I'm NEW-lolol

I feel like the grammar standards here at SatelliteGuys have completely dissolved. I can't read half these posts, because I don't feel like decyphering.

ryyback said:
Hey all,

In staying with the oringinal thread here,can anyone help me get hooked up with DTV??? I do not like BEV,I would much rather have DTV,if anyone can help,I would be very grateful,because football season is here and I NEED it.-lol
P.S.--I'm NEW-lolol

What exactly about BEV you do not like. Be specific please.

--------------
To all the unintelligible writers on the board (not you, ryyback): Please make an effort to write coherently. I'm sure you don't normally speak the way you write here...if you did no one would understand you. Only 5 and 6 year olds talk the way you do.

ryyback said:
Hey all,

P.S.--I'm NEW-lolol
Sunday Ticket is cheaper on BEV.

yes, you can contact a broker. I'm not sure how they will get you the equipment with the new way of doing business.

I assume you could get the equipment from an online retialer and get the service hooked up with a broker.

You will probably have a year long commitmeant and have to pay with a credit card. The only broker I know of which offers services to Canadians will charge you an annual fee as well as a monthly percentage.

Seems like a bad deal to me, but , if you really want DTV, it will be worth it.

Iceberg said:
no. Since you won't know what address the broker used (or even the name unkless you were on auto cc pay) so they probably won't activate it

you can try that...tell them you bought it thinking it was new

It'll still fall as "used" equipment. As *I* have been told (and I do as my employer asks to keep MY job), unless the equipment was purchased directly from DTV, or one of our dealers (WalMart, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.,) - especially in the case of EBay and the like, we'll still classify it as used equipment.

Hey guys,thanks for the help.I don't like BEV for the reasons of 35 FRENCH channels,which I don't care about,and all the CDN content.I had it last year and just didn't like it to much,although Iceberg and Uplink are right about Sunday Ticket being cheaper on BEV and STAR.A combination of BEV and Direct would be great-lolol. I looked into it the other day on DTV website and said 'sh*t'. Pretty expensive there, so I'll forgo getting Direct at this time.Thanks again guys.

Yes, DTV is expensive, much more than Expressvu and a little more, with some packages, than Dish Network.

That's why I was wondering as to why you would want DTV in Canada when Expressvu and *C seem to better bargains.

If you want American programming, have you looked into Dish Network? They have a cheaper basic package, you have the option to purchase your equipment without a commmitment, and you can even use an Expressvu 91/82 dish to receiver satellites 119/110.

Direct Tv IN Canada

Hey guys I am in same boat and looking to direct tv in Canada I have found info on or brokers either for direct,or dish.I have been on the dark side of american sat for a few years and i would not mind paying for it.The programming is not even close between bell and direct.I love HBO,Comedy Central,SCI FI and my fav channel is FX.If bell had Fx i would not even care.
I would rather give 70 canadian a month to direct 45 plus 12 for hbo converted to can dollars then to bell.

Uplink said:

Well, the bitter truth is that just getting Fox News into Canada within the past year or so was like pulling rhinoceros teeth.

The point the other gentleman wanted to make (not awful politely, I grant you, but then again it was bascially true nevertheless) is that Canada these days is run by a left-wing congregation which is doggedly determined to tell everyone else to eat their spinach, whether they like it or not, and it's not just people south of Canada's border who see this.

It's true enough that we have our own various problems down in the States, no doubt at all, but some of us are working on that. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts