How Do Online Upgrades Work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pgtogo84bsxy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
Vallejo, CA
I'm still pretty new to D*, and I was waiting to see when they would allow me to swap out my HR10 for the HR20, but I think I might do this a different way. I'm thinking of moving my HR10 to another room to replace the D11 and just order the HR20 via the upgrade link on their website. My question is, since I have 3 tvs, what am I to do with the 'extra' receiver that I won't use? I don't want to be billed for having 4 receivers when I only have 3 that I'm using. I'm a bit confused on this and I wanted to ask the community before doing any changes. I'm assuming by doing the upgrade that Ironwood Communications won't take the extra D11 receiver, will they? In this case, I wouldn't mind.

If I do this, I'll be asking D* to have a second sat line added to the other room so that both tuners can be used on the HR10. I'm thinking of doing this because I was going to upgrade to another DVR later on anyways, but this is another way of just getting it done. :)

Thanks for the help in advance.

pgtogo2004 said:
I'm still pretty new to D*, and I was waiting to see when they would allow me to swap out my HR10 for the HR20, but I think I might do this a different way. I'm thinking of moving my HR10 to another room to replace the D11 and just order the HR20 via the upgrade link on their website. My question is, since I have 3 tvs, what am I to do with the 'extra' receiver that I won't use? I don't want to be billed for having 4 receivers when I only have 3 that I'm using. I'm a bit confused on this and I wanted to ask the community before doing any changes. I'm assuming by doing the upgrade that Ironwood Communications won't take the extra D11 receiver, will they? In this case, I wouldn't mind.

If I do this, I'll be asking D* to have a second sat line added to the other room so that both tuners can be used on the HR10. I'm thinking of doing this because I was going to upgrade to another DVR later on anyways, but this is another way of just getting it done. :)

Thanks for the help in advance.
If the D-11 is owned by you, just call them and cancel the service on it and the extra $ 5 p/m will be deleted, if you lease it, I wopuld guess that they will ask you to return it to them.

Jimbo

I made my install appointment call on 09/20 and was waiting to see if I would get that "we are out of stock, we need to reschedule" call, but never got it. Had install today 09/30/06 of new 5lnb dish and HR20. The software download was slow, but so far everything seems to be working so far. No problems, although it will take a while to get used to coming from the HR10's interface.

Anyways, installer said they weren't out of stock, but that D* controls how many receivers they get in a shipment. They usually get 1 pallet, but he said they should be getting 2 pallets per shipment from now on.

D* will be sending me a box to return one of my receivers. The installer wouldn't take the receiver. He called his supervisor to doublecheck and he said to leave it at the house. On the activation call, D* said I had to return my HR10 since I'm leasing for 3 rooms, UNLESS I wanted to add a 4th room and pay another receiver fee. So, I'm returning that when I get the fed ex box but this will give me more time to 'play' with the HR20 to get used to it and to make sure there aren't any problems. But for now, I'm happy!! I get to watch my local networks NFL games tomorrow in HD!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)