How do you do a LNB check?

budda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Oconomowoc
Had a installer over upgraded my receivers from 622's to 722k's while he was here I had him tweak my signal, he ran a check switch. Every thing was working but the were some red writing and a code said two of my lnb's where failing. He replaced them no extra charge. Have a friend with the same setup, from the reading I have done he has what is lnb drifting. A lnb going back. I would like to run that check for him but am not sure what to look for. Has 110, 119 129 on a dish 1000 with 3 signal lnb's with dual out puts ,going into a dp34 switch. Any help would be great thanks.:)

Just cause it says the LNB has "LNB Drift" doesn't necessarily mean it is bad and needs to be replaced. One that has "drift" could last for several years so unless the system is having a problem and also saying this I wouldn't worry your friend over it. If they are having issues then have them tell the CSR this when they call and be sure they have the "service plan" or they will end up paying full price for a tech visit and for the part, otherwise its $15 and part is covered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts