How do you get a 612 to record on TV1 (Sat 1 input ) only ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnwadams

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Arkansas
I need to force my 612 to record on Tuner 1 only since i have a Winegard Dome on my RV and only the Sat 1 connection can change the dish to another satellite. Sat 2 input can receive only and is limited to the bird that the Sat 1 input has picked. Everything seems to automatically try to record from Sat 2 input. I read some of the related threads as to "Record Plus" etc, but can't find any of the tips mentioned for the 622 or 722 that relate to the 612.

Yes, by default tuner 2 is designated for recording whenever you schedule a recording in advance. This can be changed by going into Menu...Preferences...Record Plus...choose "Enable" and toggle to TV1 for recording preference. Afterwards, when you set a timer, it will record on tuner 1.

Yes, by default tuner 2 is designated for recording whenever you schedule a recording in advance. This can be changed by going into Menu...Preferences...Record Plus...choose "Enable" and toggle to TV1 for recording preference. Afterwards, when you set a timer, it will record on tuner 1.

Do you actually have a VIP612 with that setting? I have two, do not have that setting, and I am unaware how to force recording on Sat1 for a 612 that way. Sounds like a two TV output setting like on a 722.A work around may be to schedule something to record that you don't care about, then go back and schedule the program you want for the same time. It should show it will record on Sat1.

That most likely doesn't apply to a 612 since the 612 is a "single mode only" receiver. Record plus is only for dual mode receivers while in dual mode.

No such setting on the 612. There is on the 622. The only thought I have is to first set a manual recording for, say 4 hours a night, 5 days a week, on any channel and then set my regular recordings from the guide. This will force them to use Sat 1. But that would keep me from recording 2 network programs at the same time, which occasionally would happen. Now, I might be able to set the manual recording as "3rd priority" and that would let those programs override the manual redording.

No such setting on the 612. There is on the 622. The only thought I have is to first set a manual recording for, say 4 hours a night, 5 days a week, on any channel and then set my regular recordings from the guide. This will force them to use Sat 1. But that would keep me from recording 2 network programs at the same time, which occasionally would happen. Now, I might be able to set the manual recording as "3rd priority" and that would let those programs override the manual redording.

Yes, (See my response above) setting priority should work. Would it work if you made Sat 1 work with the Winegard or would that prevent changing channels manually if it needs to see a different bird?

The Winegard would not care if you switched 1 & 2, but to watch live tv you would have to force the 612 to tune from tuner 2 which probably would not work. I have a 722 but did not want that one bouncing around in the RV. I will try just working with setting a manual timer first so it will force regular recording to use the Sat 1 input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts