How do you get around the 3-time limit for EXT HD swap?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smooth28la

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
While DISH has promised that there will eventually be a 'family key' with all the receivers on the same account, what are people doing now to get around the awful 3-time limit to take your EXT hard drive from one receiver to another in the same house-hold?

What I meant was, you can only take the HD for one receiver to another TWICE before you're forced to ERASE EVERYTHING on the drive!

Each of my 622's has its own 500 gig for archiving, I have an old 80 gig drive I use to transfer between my two 622's on the rare occasion I want to watch something I've recorded in the Living Rm back in the theater.

I only use the small 80 gig for xfer betwen the two. When the DVR wants to erase/reformat I don't care because all that's on it is/are the two or three movies/shows I want to xfer.

Of course being able to just grab the Drive from the LR and plug it in in the Theater would be much better...

Better still, would be to xfer shows between the two Via ethernet through the network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)