How do you know if you have good signal strength?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

boston area dtv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2005
Boston
With all this talk about spaceway 2 and people seeing life on different satellites I decided to take a look under the hood to see what I had.

So I look at Satellite 99 (network 10) and they all have n/a across the board.

at Satellite 99 (network 11) I get a bunch of n/a's and then 13 zeroes sprinkled in there.

Sat 101 is kicking some major rear so I got that going for me.

Sat 110 give me a 71 on transponder 8 a 66 at transponder 10 and a 74 on transponder 12. Whats up with that?

Sat 119 gives me a bunch of n/a up to transponder 21 then it ranges from 66-78 on the transponders from 22-32

Sat 103 (network 15)gives me 32 transponders of n/a.
Sat 103 (network 14) gives me a bunch of N/a's with a 71 and 67 sprinkled in some zeroes

Is this normal? Does this look swollen to you baby?..oops wrong blog..but seriously anyone have a clue if this is normal?

110 and 119 are the highest in pittsburgh area.

example, i get tsp 3 to 90 on the 101, time to back off 1/8th inch, tsp 28, the burgh spotbeam is at 98. 110 is at 99 and 119 is 97 or better., check back to tsp1 on 101, 95 or 96, BOLT THAY PUPPY DOWN!!!!

boston area dtv said:
With all this talk about spaceway 2 and people seeing life on different satellites I decided to take a look under the hood to see what I had.

Sat 101 is kicking some major rear so I got that going for me.

And you wonder why that is their base bird?

boston area dtv said:
Sat 110 give me a 71 on transponder 8 a 66 at transponder 10 and a 74 on transponder 12. Whats up with that?

Those transponders are attenuated to prevent interference when inserted with SATB 119.

boston area dtv said:
Sat 119 gives me a bunch of n/a up to transponder 21 then it ranges from 66-78 on the transponders from 22-32

Dish has the transponders below 22.

Sounds like your getting ready programming and the locals but the other sats are kicking in. But of course if you are running an HD reciever you are going to show some kind of drop in signal because most cases you need that modulator on the back.
Id see why the others arent coming in

dtvservicetech said:
Sounds like your getting ready programming and the locals but the other sats are kicking in. But of course if you are running an HD reciever you are going to show some kind of drop in signal because most cases you need that modulator on the back.
Id see why the others arent coming in

what modulator are you referring to?

I turn my TV on- If there is a picture, I figure my siginals are good. The dish cant move so I dont worry. Even my 72.5 at 60 levels has zero rain fade, Thanks rain-X!!!

boston area dtv said:
I guess my first question shoulda been does signal strength affect pq?

It does if its weak enough that you at least occassionally see the screen breaking up, otherwise not.

By the way, what transponders are you getting the signal strength in the 70s on the 103 satellite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts