How do you know if you have good signal strength?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
B

boston area dtv

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 18, 2005
891
0
Boston
With all this talk about spaceway 2 and people seeing life on different satellites I decided to take a look under the hood to see what I had.

So I look at Satellite 99 (network 10) and they all have n/a across the board.

at Satellite 99 (network 11) I get a bunch of n/a's and then 13 zeroes sprinkled in there.

Sat 101 is kicking some major rear so I got that going for me.

Sat 110 give me a 71 on transponder 8 a 66 at transponder 10 and a 74 on transponder 12. Whats up with that?

Sat 119 gives me a bunch of n/a up to transponder 21 then it ranges from 66-78 on the transponders from 22-32

Sat 103 (network 15)gives me 32 transponders of n/a.
Sat 103 (network 14) gives me a bunch of N/a's with a 71 and 67 sprinkled in some zeroes

Is this normal? Does this look swollen to you baby?..oops wrong blog..but seriously anyone have a clue if this is normal?
 
dragon002

dragon002

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 7, 2005
2,656
0
DONORA PA
110 and 119 are the highest in pittsburgh area.

example, i get tsp 3 to 90 on the 101, time to back off 1/8th inch, tsp 28, the burgh spotbeam is at 98. 110 is at 99 and 119 is 97 or better., check back to tsp1 on 101, 95 or 96, BOLT THAY PUPPY DOWN!!!!
 
B

boston area dtv

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 18, 2005
891
0
Boston
Ruh roh means this fat bastahd has to get on the roof and take a look. Thanks for the help Dragon.
 
H

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 23, 2005
1,973
0
boston area dtv said:
With all this talk about spaceway 2 and people seeing life on different satellites I decided to take a look under the hood to see what I had.


Sat 101 is kicking some major rear so I got that going for me.

And you wonder why that is their base bird?

boston area dtv said:
Sat 110 give me a 71 on transponder 8 a 66 at transponder 10 and a 74 on transponder 12. Whats up with that?

Those transponders are attenuated to prevent interference when inserted with SATB 119.

boston area dtv said:
Sat 119 gives me a bunch of n/a up to transponder 21 then it ranges from 66-78 on the transponders from 22-32

Dish has the transponders below 22.
 
B

boston area dtv

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 18, 2005
891
0
Boston
So HDTVfanatic ..would you say those signal strengths are good, bad, or normal?
 
D

dtvservicetech

Member
Apr 12, 2006
7
0
Sounds like your getting ready programming and the locals but the other sats are kicking in. But of course if you are running an HD reciever you are going to show some kind of drop in signal because most cases you need that modulator on the back.
Id see why the others arent coming in
 
L

loudo2002

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 28, 2005
18
0
dtvservicetech said:
Sounds like your getting ready programming and the locals but the other sats are kicking in. But of course if you are running an HD reciever you are going to show some kind of drop in signal because most cases you need that modulator on the back.
Id see why the others arent coming in



what modulator are you referring to?
 
VIPERS-PIT

VIPERS-PIT

Pub Member
Feb 11, 2006
2,099
0
I turn my TV on- If there is a picture, I figure my siginals are good. The dish cant move so I dont worry. Even my 72.5 at 60 levels has zero rain fade, Thanks rain-X!!!
 
B

boston area dtv

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 18, 2005
891
0
Boston
I guess my first question shoulda been does signal strength affect pq?
 
Questioner

Questioner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 27, 2006
855
0
boston area dtv said:
I guess my first question shoulda been does signal strength affect pq?

It does if its weak enough that you at least occassionally see the screen breaking up, otherwise not.

By the way, what transponders are you getting the signal strength in the 70s on the 103 satellite?
 
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Similar threads

D
Replies
12
Views
999
Jimbo
Jimbo
LOBO2999
Replies
2
Views
1K
LOBO2999
LOBO2999
M
Replies
4
Views
1K
michaelbudney
M
Top