How do you "move"?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bela_blasko2006

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Bartlesville, OK
I have been reading with interest people in this forum "moving" to get the channels they desire. Currently i live in NE Oklahoma (get fsn sw, houston and mw))and wish to get the boston area channels for the Red Sox games and the locals in HD. I also subscribe to dish through ATT. Am i going to be able to "move" and if so how do i do that? Do i have to use paperless billing? Any help would be appreciated!
Jeff

I have been reading with interest people in this forum "moving" to get the channels they desire. Currently i live in NE Oklahoma (get fsn sw, houston and mw))and wish to get the boston area channels for the Red Sox games and the locals in HD. I also subscribe to dish through ATT. Am i going to be able to "move" and if so how do i do that? Do i have to use paperless billing? Any help would be appreciated!
Jeff

There are a few threads around, I even saw one where someone used the online chat to move. Try this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd-discussions/113397-help-moving.html
Help With " Moving" - SatelliteGuys.US

Jeff

You have to be weary of spotbeams, most locals are on spotbeams with others soon to be. Most of Boston can not be seen in OK. For locals you need to stay fairly close to home.

This is my first post but I have been lurking around here for over a year. This is the best site around to find out the info you need.

I "moved" today vis the online chat without any problems whatsoever. Just wanted you to know that I thank this was the fastest I had ever moved. I have previously used the phone method, but this was much faster and I didn't have to worry about getting a CSR that I couldn't understand.:)

Jeff
Just so you know, The Red Sox are on NESN (New England Sports Network) and the Boston HD Locals are CONUS on the Satellite at 61.5. At least for now.
Your billing address can be different than your service address.

Anybody know exactly what New York Locals are on? The SD ones? And the transponder (s) so I can check. I know the HD locals are on conus.

Do a google search for movie theaters in the town or city you want to move to. Then add an apartment number to it . Take the address and plug it into the address broker on the Dish website and if it says Congratulations your address qualifies for the (Fill in the Blank) locals, you should be good to call the csr and then tell them that you have moved to said new service address . Your phone number will stay the same and your billing address will be what it really is . Be sure you tell them you want the new city's locals and they will turn them on and you should be good to go. As long as you are in the area that is within a spotbeam or the locals are on conus(national ) beam. For example Houston is 90 miles from where I really am in southeast Texas. I " moved " to that area for my hd locals. I still get locals with a good strength and no drop outs. So the spotbeam areas should be good within the 100 mile area from where you really are.

Anybody know exactly what New York Locals are on? The SD ones? And the transponder (s) so I can check. I know the HD locals are on conus.

The main NY sd channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, CW and MyNetwork and maybe one of the PBS) are conus, the rest are on spotbeam. The four HD are conus. Use this list for channels 8100-8118 (sd channels) and 6300-6303 (HD channels): SatelliteGuys.US - Dish Network ALL

Just a quick question. I live in NH and receive Burllington VT locals. If I call dish and tell them that I moved to my sisters who lives in southern NH could I receive Boston locals in Hd and WMUR out of NH in Hd ? I have a 110/119 and 65.1 satellite right now.

Just a quick question. I live in NH and receive Burllington VT locals. If I call dish and tell them that I moved to my sisters who lives in southern NH could I receive Boston locals in Hd and WMUR out of NH in Hd ? I have a 110/119 and 65.1 satellite right now.

The Boston HD locals are on conus so if her address is for Boston then yes, if not then no. Go to: https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customernetqual/prepAddress.do
and plug in her address and see what it reads.

If you can use a relative or friends address with maybe an apartment number added-- it will be safer. Just in case they mail something to your service address. You can request mailing to your billing address- but sometimes it get s messed up.

playing debvil's advocate here. The more this is mentioned on a public forum the more likely Dish is liable to catch on and make policy to prevent this activity. SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....
When it comes down to brass tacks, "moving " can be considerd fraud. Be careful.

I have checked her address and she would receive Boston HD locals. She lives two counties from me, so I would keep the same address as I have a po box. So should I move im a little nervous and hesitent

I have checked her address and she would receive Boston HD locals. She lives two counties from me, so I would keep the same address as I have a po box. So should I move im a little nervous and hesitent

Plug in the address then do the online chat thing... tell them you moved your stuff to your temporary home for a while and its setup and working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)