How do you prgram a Dish remote for the 622?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KDRE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 28, 2004
I had a recent issue where my remote broke but i fixed it, and of course it defaulted the remote as well.

The user manual online is confusing and I wanted to ask any of you guys if you knew the simplest method of programming the remote for the box and tv.

I have a Sony plasma, and of course the 622 that needs programming.

Thanks for any tips guys

Programming the remote...

I had a recent issue where my remote broke but i fixed it, and of course it defaulted the remote as well.

The user manual online is confusing and I wanted to ask any of you guys if you knew the simplest method of programming the remote for the box and tv.

I have a Sony plasma, and of course the 622 that needs programming.

Thanks for any tips guys

If you know the code for your Sony Plasma TV, all you will need to do is:
push and hold the TV button at the top of the remote until all 4 "Mode" buttons light up.
Type in the code for the TV.
Push the # button. The TV button will then blink 3 times to let you know that you have correctly set the Mode.

If you don't know the code, you will need to look in the manual for the Sony Codes and try each one listed (exactly like I just stated). After putting in a code, you will want to try several different functions, such as turning the device on and off, changing volume levels, changing channels, etc.

As for programming the SAT Button, you will follow the same procedure, except put in the code for the Tuner (for instance if you have channel 13 setup for the remote code, you would type 13--Note, when I say channel, I am NOT referring to the channel on the TV, rather the "Frequency" of the remote).

Hope that helps,
Geoff

For whatever reason the remote gave me 500 but once i entered the code it wont work. Go figure.

For your TV, hold the tv button till all the lights are on. Then hit the tv power button, then only the tv light should be on. Then press down a bunch of times till the tv turns off. Each press will have the light go off then back on. When your tv turns off press the pound key (search) and the light should flash three times. You can do this same thing for any other devices as well.
If the remote isn't working the receiver make sure it is on sat. Hit menu on the box two times till you get the system info screen with the remote info at the bottom. Hold down sat till the lights change, then press a number and then the pound key. Then press the record button. If you are doing this with the IR controller make sure you are pointing at the box when you do this. This will change the address of the remote and I think it can be any number between 1 and 16. No need to put a 0 in front of the single digits.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)