How do you Shorten the Blind Scan GEOSATpro DVR1100c

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
I see on another thread that you can set the IF scan of the GeoSat 200c from 2150 to 1450. Can this be done on the 1100c? All my scans go all the way to 2150 and for most lnb's I wouldn't need it to go past 1450.

Jim

In the Blind Scan Menu, change the End IF Frequency to 1450 from the default 2150 then scan. You may reduce both the start and the ending frequency ending up with a shorter scanning range for only a desired range of frequencies.

To calculate the desired Start or stop IF Frequency, delete the LO frequency from the desired satellite frequency.

Example: (End) 12200 - (LO Frequency)10750 = (IF Frequency) 1450

Last edited:
Brian
I know on the 200 the software update fixed that issue (ending frequency was 2150) so now it goes to 1450
Will the 1100 have that update too?

I know you can manually change it but for the hobbyist that can get annoying ;)

Brian
I know on the 200 the software update fixed that issue (ending frequency was 2150) so now it goes to 1450

That be nice to add that to the update--

Brian

Yes, the next DVR1100c firmware update will mirror all the standard DSR100/200 functions. We are addressing a few other minor issues before putting out the next firmware release.

In the Blind Scan Menu, change the End IF Frequency to 1450 from the default 2150 then scan.

Brian,

On my 1100c blind scan menu I see "start Frequency" 950 1 2/3 what ever that means, and end frequency 2150 1 2/3.
I don't see how to change these values. Left, right, up, down brings no sub menu to change this??

Jim

TantalusFld said:
I don't see how to change these values. Left, right, up, down brings no sub menu to change this??

Highlight the Start or End IF frequency and use the numerical keypad to enter the desired IF Frequency between 950 and 2150.

use the down arrow to where it says 2150 and just type in 1450 in its place

Thats what I do on the 200 when I need to scan outside the "normal" band

edit: SatAV too quick :p

TantalusFld said:
Ok Guys, that worked. Seems so simple once you know how to do it!
Thanks.

Jim

Any menu item with < > requires a navigation arrow press to access function and if it has 123 then the menu item uses the numerical keys for data entry.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)