How does the Dish app for my iPad work? Live tv won't work.

susie-s

Jun 22, 2011
Florida
I have a new SlingLink, connected okay. I have the DVR 722k . I activated that Web activation online. On my ipad, I can use the remote access, but each time I try to use a link from the Dish channel Guide, I get a pop up, that takes me to Dish's online advertising of how great TV everywhere will be if I only order their merchandise. I already registered, but it just won't recognize that I already am logged on, logged in, and just want to watch my LIVE tv on my iPad.
I must have missed a step somewhere...?

Do you have a SlingLink (aka powerline broadband connector), or a Sling Adapter?

The Sling Adapter is needed to view TV on an iPad or computer, and just want to make sure you have the right one. SlingLink is a connectivity device that simply gets broadband connection to your receiver using your home power lines.

Correct. To watch live TV on your iPad or computer (or other mobile device), you need the Sling Adapter.

Right now your receiver just has an IP connection, so you can only manage your DVR with the Dish Remote Access app (set up recordings, delete recordings, etc.)

PS -- So if I do have this, and I am visiting out of town, will I still be able to view my Dish on the ipad, even though I would be miles away?

Are they going to improve the DishOnLine interface, make it like the SlingBox interface. It is horrid as it stands.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts