How far can you move?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ekilgus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Southeast US
Hypothetical question

Let's say I live in the Atlanta area but I would like to receive the New York locals in HD. Would I be able to "move" to accomplish this? Might there be a spot beam issue preventing me from receiving some of these locals? Would the Dish people raise an eyebrow at this move or will they mindlessly approve it?

I believe in order to receive the HD CBS station from NYC I would need an additional dish pointed at the 61.5. Currently I have the Dish 1000 pointed at the 110, 119, & 129. The other channels (ABC, FOX, NBC) should be available with the Dish 1000.

Any thoughts on this?

Would the Dish people raise an eyebrow at this move or will they mindlessly approve it?

You mean the "Hyderabad Telecommunications Division" of Dish Networks? They could care less.

Just act legit and you will be! ;)

Would the Dish people raise an eyebrow at this move or will they mindlessly approve it?
Dish could care less if customers "move". They still get the same amount of money from you.... If you tell them you live in NYC now, why would they not believe you ?

^ not if you expressly tell them to change only your service address. just make sure they leave your billing address unchanged. or sign up for paperless billing.

What do they do with the address in the NYC area that I provide? Do they mail anything to this NYC address?

Also keep in mind that if you need a service call or need to swap out a receiver, etc., they will be going to the service address. That means that if need to do any of these you will have to temporarily move back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)