How fast does DISH ship for replacement equipment?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RedWings

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Leesburg, VA
Dish is shipping me a replacement for my 622 that has died. What type of shipping do they normally use? Overnight, 2-day, ground, etc?

I have a few other receivers in the house so it isn't a big deal but i'm curious.

RedWings said:
Dish is shipping me a replacement for my 622 that has died. What type of shipping do they normally use? Overnight, 2-day, ground, etc?

I have a few other receivers in the house so it isn't a big deal but i'm curious.

They use UPS Ground unless you paid 25.00 for the next day air.

That all depends on if dish ships you the receiver. I had one that was sent broke and called in and ordered a new one (had shipping removed) and no email or tracking #. after 5 people giving me 5 different answers I finally had a guy reorder it and now it's on the way.

They ship from West VA. Time will vary accordingly if normal ground service.

I used a different approach:)

I bought a spare box confirmed it could be activated, actually activated it for a week to confirm good operation then deactivated it, and occasionally powered it on so its software was resonably current.

if a box failed it was a easy swap.

i am big on redundncy, 2 vans 2 washers, 2 dryers, and spares of lots of stuff.

i dont mind fixing things but dont like emergency it must be done now situations:(

So spares and redundancy just makes life easier and really isnt that expensive if you shop carefully and our patient.

got lots of great deals.

almost had a spare water heater. a friend bought and hated his nearly new tankless..... so he decided to go back to a regular tank, and i offered to buy his tankless.....

all was well till lowes let him return the 6 month old tankless for full credit on a regular tank less restocking charge. seems they had lots of complaints on tanklesses, and manufacturer was covering returns.

i was the loser on that deal, when just a month later my tank failed.....

I called in on 8-24 with a 019 error message( smart card cannot be read). Ths CSR decided after a couple of retries and reboots to send a new smart card. It arrived 8-27 and could not be read either. I get the next CSR and he intimates that the 1st CSR gave the wrong solution. Once the smart card reader goes , it usually doesn't come back and it is very rarely the smart cards problem. They should have sent another receiver. The CSR tried to send another receiver, but could not. Once you have a trouble active , you cannot have a 2nd one within 5 days and the supervisors have no way to bypass this computer rule. So I have to return the smart card with their enclosed return label. Then I have to wait until the 30th to call for another receiver. If that takes 3-4 days to get here , you have 9 days without use of a receiver. If the computer requires them to have received the smart card back it will take even longer. I asked that my bill be adjusted to meet the number of days I am without service.

The worst part of this is there is no way to recover what is on the hard drive. I have an EHD but cannot get the receiver on. What a dumb design. The smart card is to keep receivers from stealing E* programming. Why would they put it in line to stop already recorded material. The CSR had no answer to help me recover the programming. I did a search here and the few work arounds ( use an eraser on smart card, use alchohol to clean it, and use a business card on top to force it down ) did not work. My hard drive was at least half full.

What a poor business model!! Incompetent CSR, dumb software to restrict time to get a fix, and dumb receiver design to cause loss of stored programming. I am just thankful I put most of my programming on my EHD.

ceo time

I called in on 8-24 with a 019 error message( smart card cannot be read). Ths CSR decided after a couple of retries and reboots to send a new smart card. It arrived 8-27 and could not be read either. I get the next CSR and he intimates that the 1st CSR gave the wrong solution. Once the smart card reader goes , it usually doesn't come back and it is very rarely the smart cards problem. They should have sent another receiver. The CSR tried to send another receiver, but could not. Once you have a trouble active , you cannot have a 2nd one within 5 days and the supervisors have no way to bypass this computer rule. So I have to return the smart card with their enclosed return label. Then I have to wait until the 30th to call for another receiver. If that takes 3-4 days to get here , you have 9 days without use of a receiver. If the computer requires them to have received the smart card back it will take even longer. I asked that my bill be adjusted to meet the number of days I am without service.

The worst part of this is there is no way to recover what is on the hard drive. I have an EHD but cannot get the receiver on. What a dumb design. The smart card is to keep receivers from stealing E* programming. Why would they put it in line to stop already recorded material. The CSR had no answer to help me recover the programming. I did a search here and the few work arounds ( use an eraser on smart card, use alchohol to clean it, and use a business card on top to force it down ) did not work. My hard drive was at least half full.

What a poor business model!! Incompetent CSR, dumb software to restrict time to get a fix, and dumb receiver design to cause loss of stored programming. I am just thankful I put most of my programming on my EHD.

It's time to email ceo @echostar.com(space should be taken out of email addy). They can override the the computers and ship out the new DVR asap. Alos you should ask for free overnight since you have already waited too long.