How is one's region determined?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MJames

Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Rochester, NY
Hello there. I'm new here so I'm sorry if this is a repeat question (I searched and didn't find anything).

Does anyone know how one's DirecTV region is determined? Is it the billing address, installation address (I presume), some sort of satellite positioning method (eg built in GPS), or something else?

Is there any way to "trick" DirecTV into thinking you're in a different region? I live in NYS but wish I was in the Detroit region so I could watch the Pistons and Red Wings on FSN-Detroit (in the sports pack). I don't care about the NY teams or channels. I know the point is they want me to pay for League Pass and Center Ice, but that's certainly not worth it to me and I don't care about any other games. Is there ANY way to switch regions (without relocating :)?

Thanks!

Not that distance apart. Detroit from Rochester. Sure If you don't want any local channels, At all. You most likly out of Detroits Spotbeam so you wouldn't even Get their locals if You Do a Fake Move. Unless you can get your own locals OTA. Then Sure "Move to Detroit" So to speak.

Regions are determined by the sports organizations involved and are separated into zip code areas. the zip for the address where your equipment is located is how its determined whether or not you have access to the RSN for a specific team. The satellite is usually quite good at knowing where the signal is going so its not so easy to change out the info. Some people will set up the equipment at a certain address and assign a different address as a billing address but it doesn't usually work for long. good luck..............

Status
Please reply by conversation.

D10-300 Upgrades

HDMI Cables

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)