How long before newly added channel available?

bdr1968

Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
Charleston, WV
This is probably a dumb question. I just added Setanta over the phone, the CSR said it would be available in 10 to 15 minutes. It's been almost 2 hours, but the channel still says it's unavailable. I "rebooted" (held the power button until it restarted) my 622, but still nothing. When I go to channel 406, I still get the "This channel can be added without a phone call" message.

Do I just need to wait or is there something I can do to get the receiver to update the channel guide?

Thanks.

Go to your point dish screen and do a check switch. You could also try and unplug your receiver for five minutes. If that does not do it, call Dish again and ask them to send a hit to your receiver.

I learned something today. If you have an open work order, you can't add programming.

I have a 625 that Satellite Input 2 has apparently gone bad in. "Check Switch" gives me a red square with a white X. Anyway, I called Dish yesterday to report this problem and also add Setanta. I should have added Setanta, then reported the problem with the receiver. When I found out about this, I asked them to close the work order, then add Setanta. Now I just have to call back and get the work order re-opened.

Anyone know the reason they do it like this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)