How long does it take to get activated?

saboles

Original poster
Apr 19, 2006
Plainfield, IN
Hi all! I'm a new SA subscriber, and activated my account on Monday. I was told that it would take between 2 and 4 days to get activated, the fourth day being Friday. I really didn't think that it would take the entire four days.

On average, does it take this long to activate SA on my receivers?

Thanks for your help!!

Scott

Welcome :wave

Yes it does take 2-4 business days. Why? Because Sky Angel has to go through Dish Network to get the programming turned on. Here is some info from the ekb chart

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/251

Even though Dominion Sky Angel is an independent DBS service, they partnered up with Echostar because Dominion does not have the facilities to deliver a satellite signal. This long-term agreement means that Sky Angel's programming is available using any standard Echostar (DiSH Network) receiver with a dish antenna pointing at Echostar 3 located at 61.5° WL.

This unique arrangement with Echostar is not without its faults. The Sky Angel Programming should be ordered directly from Dominion (1-888-SKY-ANGEL). Since Dominion is using the Echostar uplink facilities to deliver the signal to the viewer's home, Dominion notifies Echostar to activate a customer. This will take anywhere from two to four BUSINESS days. This means if Sky Angel programming is ordered on a Friday evening after "regular" office hours for Echostar, it MAY take up to the following Thursday before the programming is activated. This is a worst case scenario and is usually completer in two business days. Sky Angel has no control over this at the moment. Please remember, they want to get programming to you as soon as possible too!

Well, I continue to have problems that they can't seem to get straightened out. They had tried to activate the channels twice, but it didn't work. I found out that since I signed up with AT&T, it was a problem. When SA tried to get ahold of E* to activate, they showed that I had leased equipment, but couldn't see the programming. So, according to E*, I was due to return the equipment. SA finally called me and told me what the problem was. So, I called E*, and they confirmed that I have programming (duh!). They recommended that I call SA back and advise them that they need to call the Commercial Lines and ask for a Sales Partner division. So, I did that, and they told me I should have my channels within 48 hours at the latest.

Well, 48 hours passed last evening, and still no SA. I'm kind of getting hoarked. So, I get to call SA back today and try to speak to the agent that I spoke with before, and try once again to get these channels activated.

Any suggestions for me in getting these channels turned on?

are you installed for Sky Angel?

Excuse these questions. In troubleshooting we try to check out first things first...
Did your installer or someone else install a dish locked in on 61.5? Did you or he run a switch test? If so, does your point dish screen show that you have 61.5 on the higher transponders (16,18,20,22,25,27,29,30)? Do you have channel 580 on your TV? If none of these things are true then you can't receive Sky Angel yet. If all of these things are in place then you are back to the red tape and may GOD bless you and help you get it done. Don't forget to pray about it.

Bless the name YESHUA

SkyAngel is on 61.5 transponders 25 and 32, if you get signal on these two, you are ready. The rest of it is SA figuring out the red tape to get you the activation.

SA programming is loosing it. I have my dish at 110 and i want to add a LNBF to get 101.

Can some one tell me how high the 101 LNBF should be from the 110 LNBF and how far apart it has to be?

I am using a 180cm channel master dish. 110 is the middle LNBF. 119 isn't set up as yet.

I got SkyAngel a few years ago and it did take four or five days to get it activated. I bought the DISH equipment at Radio Shack. A few months ago I bought a second reciever so I could have it in my den as well and only had to go through DISH to get it activated and they did it while I was on the phone.

greggor48 said:
SA programming is loosing it. I have my dish at 110 and i want to add a LNBF to get 101.

Can some one tell me how high the 101 LNBF should be from the 110 LNBF and how far apart it has to be?

I am using a 180cm channel master dish. 110 is the middle LNBF. 119 isn't set up as yet.
What in the world has any of this to do with Sky Angel? You need to send a PM to Iceberg. Tell him the model receiver you have and what channels you need to receive. He'll be lots of help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)