How long does it usually take for a replacement receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Marcingak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
NJ
The Hard Drive on my HR44 Genie died this past Saturday, March 2. I called DirecTV and they said they will mail out a replacement receiver on Monday, March 4 with overnight shipping. Nothing arrived on Tuesday so I called them back again and they said it hasn't been mailed out yet but I should expect it to arrive on Thursday, March 7 and they will email me a tracking number once it ships. Well, it didn't arrive today and I never received an email with a tracking number which means it hasn't even been mailed out yet. I did receive an email saying I have to return my old receiver to them by March 25 otherwise I will get charged for it. What kind of crap is this? I'm seriously considering canceling over this poor customer service.

The Hard Drive on my HR44 Genie died this past Saturday, March 2. I called DirecTV and they said they will mail out a replacement receiver on Monday, March 4 with overnight shipping. Nothing arrived on Tuesday so I called them back again and they said it hasn't been mailed out yet but I should expect it to arrive on Thursday, March 7 and they will email me a tracking number once it ships. Well, it didn't arrive today and I never received an email with a tracking number which means it hasn't even been mailed out yet. I did receive an email saying I have to return my old receiver to them by March 25 otherwise I will get charged for it. What kind of crap is this? I'm seriously considering canceling over this poor customer service.
Welcome to AT&T ??

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

I used the chat feature on their website and they said that my original order did not go through because of system updates but they will overnight me a receiver and it should arrive tomorrow. Will keep you guys updated.

They never emailed me a tracking number but the receiver did arrive today so that was a surprise. I tried to activate it online but it says I have to wait until 9:59 PM tomorrow before I can activate it. More waiting *sigh*

They never emailed me a tracking number but the receiver did arrive today so that was a surprise. I tried to activate it online but it says I have to wait until 9:59 PM tomorrow before I can activate it. More waiting *sigh*
Interesting, I never heard of such a thing ...
I know when I set up peoples internet, they often tell me it won't work till 8 pm or so, then I tell them that it will work when I leave ... If they want to wait till 8, thats on them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)