How Long Have You Had HD With Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

How Long Have You Had DishHD?

• Total voters
Since November 2005, when we got our HDTV. Had a 942, 721, and DishPlayer, owned, at that time. (Another time I got F'd by DISH, as MPEG-4 channels were just around the corner, and the 942 was MPEG-2 only)
Now have 2 622's, leased, and 5 EHD's.
Been with DISH since 1993 or 94.

Last edited:
Bought a used 811 off ebay in 2005 when it was a current model. Kept the Voom addon package until it was discontinued last August and the original HD package until the new dishHD standalone package became available on 2/1; signed up for it first thing that morning.

I got my 6000 in the fall of 2000 and could only watch HBO-HD until the OTA tuner was widely available a couple months later (I was on several vendor's waiting lists for months). Not sure about the history of the 5000, but I'm guessing it was available in 1999. I chose "Since they started offering HD" even though that isn't accurate, as it was the closest.

I started with an 811 in '05 and was hypnotised by the fish tank.:)
When can we start to lobby to get the tank back, no wait, we have people and fish in boats in HD! Oh I love to watch technology move forward.:p

With dish since Aug 06, HD since '04 thru Comcast. couldnt justify the upfront HD costs back then with Dish to get HD +DVR.

Got HD when the 921 came out. Paid the full $999 for that POS. Sure made the 942 that replaced it look like a God send.

I voted "Since they started offering HD," but really it's almost seven years - September 2001, right after 9-11. Started off with a 6000, and got an 8VSB adaptor several months later when one local station went HD. Had only HBO-HD and SHO-HD at the beginning (and the HD Demo channel). Talk about Hungry for HD!

Brad

Started with the 811 when they were selling it with the hd monitor so probly about 3-4 years but with dish for about 7 years, sold the tv after a few months and now have (2) 622's and 222. Almost forgot about the fish tank channel amazing how far it has come or has it?

Started in 2000 with a 6000 connected to a 430 POUND Toshiba 65" HD-Ready RPTV getting HBO and CBS-HD via DNS (also had East and West Networks then). Then upgraded to 921 and then finally the 622.

I traded in my original DirecTV RCA receiver for a Dish 6000 in the spring of 2000.

At the time, the OTA ATSC tuner wasn't even available. I had to wait months for it! The 6000's interface was also clunky and "Atari'eqse" compared to DirecTV at the time. I was quite disappointed at first, but Dish has come a long way with current HD-DVR models.