How Long Have You Had HD With Dish?

How Long Have You Had DishHD?

• Total voters
Since November 2005, when we got our HDTV. Had a 942, 721, and DishPlayer, owned, at that time. (Another time I got F'd by DISH, as MPEG-4 channels were just around the corner, and the 942 was MPEG-2 only)
Now have 2 622's, leased, and 5 EHD's.
Been with DISH since 1993 or 94.

Last edited:
Bought a used 811 off ebay in 2005 when it was a current model. Kept the Voom addon package until it was discontinued last August and the original HD package until the new dishHD standalone package became available on 2/1; signed up for it first thing that morning.

I got my 6000 in the fall of 2000 and could only watch HBO-HD until the OTA tuner was widely available a couple months later (I was on several vendor's waiting lists for months). Not sure about the history of the 5000, but I'm guessing it was available in 1999. I chose "Since they started offering HD" even though that isn't accurate, as it was the closest.

I started with an 811 in '05 and was hypnotised by the fish tank.:)
When can we start to lobby to get the tank back, no wait, we have people and fish in boats in HD! Oh I love to watch technology move forward.:p

With dish since Aug 06, HD since '04 thru Comcast. couldnt justify the upfront HD costs back then with Dish to get HD +DVR.

Got HD when the 921 came out. Paid the full $999 for that POS. Sure made the 942 that replaced it look like a God send.

I voted "Since they started offering HD," but really it's almost seven years - September 2001, right after 9-11. Started off with a 6000, and got an 8VSB adaptor several months later when one local station went HD. Had only HBO-HD and SHO-HD at the beginning (and the HD Demo channel). Talk about Hungry for HD!

Brad

Started with the 811 when they were selling it with the hd monitor so probly about 3-4 years but with dish for about 7 years, sold the tv after a few months and now have (2) 622's and 222. Almost forgot about the fish tank channel amazing how far it has come or has it?

Started in 2000 with a 6000 connected to a 430 POUND Toshiba 65" HD-Ready RPTV getting HBO and CBS-HD via DNS (also had East and West Networks then). Then upgraded to 921 and then finally the 622.

I traded in my original DirecTV RCA receiver for a Dish 6000 in the spring of 2000.

At the time, the OTA ATSC tuner wasn't even available. I had to wait months for it! The 6000's interface was also clunky and "Atari'eqse" compared to DirecTV at the time. I was quite disappointed at first, but Dish has come a long way with current HD-DVR models.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)