How long 'til Voom goes dark?

mike123abc said:
The transfer of ownership of the satellite and uplink facility should happen very fast. It is an asset that is being sold, not a business. It is not very much different from one company selling another company a toaster.

The sticking point is the 11 TP frequencies that VOOM wants to sell Echostar. The transfer of these is highly controlled by the FCC and who knows what the FCC will think.

Well that is a good point. I see Voom selling the hardware and keeping the programming. Then leasing the TP's from Echostar on the Rainbow 1 satellite and continuing with Voom until the customer base catches up. Then when the new satellites are ready for launch Voom can work a new partner into the mix. Maybe Microsoft? Voom Lives!!!

I gues I should clarify what Voom is leasing. They are actually leasing the whole satellite back from Echostar.

Kentstater72 said:
Try this site.
It appears echostar wants more than the satellite.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000303028426/

Dude, all that is a blog site that says " Echostar has made it clear that they’re already looking at ways to use Cablevision’s satellite to “enhance” its DISH Network satellite TV service."

You are reading more into this just like that statement you made about CBS going on Voom from the Green Bay Station.