How long to be a new customer?

lunamama

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2009
NorCal
How long after canceling service does Dish consider you a new customer? I canceled in January and am thinking of returning.

I believe its 90 days and you're eligible for the 'Formers' promotions, 2 years and you're a 'New' customer again.

What if you open new account and after installation close old account? Will that offer new account current for new subscribers promotions?

What if you open new account and after installation close old account? Will that offer new account current for new subscribers promotions?

If you're a current subscriber there is no 'new account'.

I thought it was "forever" !?!? What happened to the sign up in your spouse's name, add an apt # to your address, etc, etc work-arounds ? Not needed anymore it seems...

after being disconnected for ~1 year--> completely denied any of the promotional pricing when reconnected since account was labeled as "returning customer"

I thought it was "forever" !?!? What happened to the sign up in your spouse's name, add an apt # to your address, etc, etc work-arounds ? Not needed anymore it seems...

Yea, it was forever but that changed a while back. I believe it's 2 years and you're new again, between 90 days and 2 years you are what they call a 'Formers'. We never did any of that other stuff but I heard it was done. From what I hear the software they use now picks up on most if not all that, and like you say, it's not really needed anymore.

Many years ago, I left Dish for lack of an (affordable) HD-DVR. Time Warner offered a very good, 2-year deal and before I cancelled Dish, I asked the rep about returning and having to pay for receivers, installation, etc, etc. He told me "if you come back, I'll note your account as 'returning DHA' and to give you the same deal as a brand-new customer" .... and it happened. :)

Doesn't work that way. You need to be Dishless for 90 days and leave in good standing.

Also the Dishstore promotion is good for returning customers also and you can get up to a $125 rebate....
DISHSTORE Online Gift Card Redemption Form

Claude is absolutely correct. After 90 days, DISH Network will restart you account but it will qualify for New Customer Promotions. You will have to have a Minimum Package and do the 24 month agreement to get the promotions.