How long will it take Dish to pull Sky Angel's bandwith

How long will Sky Angel content remain uplinked at 61.5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We should be able to tell in 2-3 weeks what dish has planned for the extra space.

My guess is we will see some activity on Wednesday. Lets hope for several HD Nationals. (Notice that I said hope not expect)

I bet they turn off SA on Tuesday just after midnight. Then on Wednesday they move either TP 19 or 23 to one of them, and put a bunch of "test hd" on the other one. No way they cut them off early, it would not be worth the hassel.

My guess is that at 12:01 AM MT Tuesday, they will cut off the majority of SA*, leaving only Angel One, Angel Two, and KTV, and a fourth channel which will have either a static slate or a short repeating commercial that will explain how former SA* DBS customers can switch to Dish Network. (Above statements apply to 61.5 location.)

I bet that they make skyangel dark the first second they can. Then they fill the void with channels stating what happened and to call DISH for the Family Pack. A week later, they take down the barker.

I just checked one of SkyAngel's TP's on 61.5. The channels are still there but they are all 0.5megabits. There's over 22 megabits of free space on the 30 megabit transponder stream.

The other transponder is the same.

I would assume all the channels are now slates.

ALL OF YOUR BANDWIDTH ARE BELONG TO US

Yup, they are gone as of midnight EDT.

Attachments

• skyangel.jpg
    skyangel.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 372
You'll see all the channels move to one TP on Wednesday. All the channels will point to one slate taking up a small half a megabit on a TP. No harm in leaving that up for a week or two to grab a few sales.

You'll see all the channels move to one TP on Wednesday. All the channels will point to one slate taking up a small half a megabit on a TP. No harm in leaving that up for a week or two to grab a few sales.

I am surprised they would wait until Wednesday. I would think they would take them today (well Tuesday, still Monday here). If they really are going to get new ESPN/DISNEY up on Wednesday they need to get a move on and move the content from 19 and 23 to these exSA TPs ASAP. Then move 16's content to a spot. This would give them TP 16 for national HD this week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)